Cannot Add Libraries

MJBJCC
Go to solution Solved by RobsterUK,

I just installed Emby onto my Synology DS216se to compare it with Plex Server and see which would work better for my needs.  

Given that I prefer Open Source programming and saw that Emby had been supporting live streaming television from a SiliconDust HDHomeRun longer than Plex, I was really excited to get it up and running  

All seemed to be working fine until I tried Adding Libraries.  I have tried this directly from the NAS and from the website's dashboards.  When I go to select the folder (ADD FOLDER), I select a folder to begin selecting a subfolder and the selection process simply disappears when I try to select a second level subfolder.  I have tried to manually put the folder structure into the dialogue box ( \volume1\video\Movie ), a message pops up briefly that states "There was an error adding the media path. Please insure the path is valid and the Emby server process has access to that location.  

Nothing I have done has allowed me to add libraries.  Is there some secret that I don't know?  Can someone assist in guiding me to get things set up.  I have a number of folders/subfolders to add and I cannot get even one to work.  

Thanks,

Michael

• Solution
RobsterUK

Hi,

It sounds likely to be a permission issue.

Ensure you have added the Emby System User access to the media folders you wish to specify as a library location

This page on the Synology Wiki should point you in the right direction.

The wiki is quite comprehensive and should also answer any other configuration questions you may have.

If you still get stuck please post back.

• Like 1

Robster, 

Thanks!  That got everything working!  

I appreciate the help.  I'm excited to get things up and running.  There are things that I read that Emby can do that seem to be more customizable than Plex.  

Edited by MJBJCC