Audio changes weirdly after pause

bondfreak

bondfreak

Hi guys,

I discovered a strange behavior of my audio playback when a movie is paused.

My AppleTV is connected to an Onkyo Receiver via HDMI and passes the audio signal to it (I would assume it is Dolby Digital because the ATV only supports this by default). Everything is working fine so far. Now I pause playback, wait for about 2 seconds or more and click on play. What happens is that Dolby Digital playback will be disabled (I can confirm that by looking at the receivers playback settings) and all audio is then only coming from the front right speaker. This is completely reproducible for all my files and I can fix it by going back or forth in the timeline. The audio will then "recalibrate" and playback is fine again.

I am not sure if this problem is related to the AppleTV or my receiver, but I assume it is the ATV since no other apps show similar behavior. Is that something you guys know of or have a workaround for? :)

EDIT: My server runs on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Regards

Bondfreak

Edited by bondfreak

Hi.  I've never heard of this one before.

What is the audio setting on the Apple TV device (in the Apple menus)?

bondfreak

Hi.  I've never heard of this one before.

What is the audio setting on the Apple TV device (in the Apple menus)?

It's set to Dolby Digital 5.1.

I'm having the same problem. I think it's just those files that are being transcoded due to their DTS soundtracks but hadn't realised it was just the right speaker as my amp indicates left and right only. But after applying my ear to both speakers it does seem to be just the right that is putting out audio.

Well, that's the only common factor I can identify thus far - mp4 files with a DD track work fine, those with a DTS track show in the dashboard as having some transcoding and also have this problem. I'll see if I can upload a log file tonight / tomorrow.