Setting up Emby for remote access

all4dom

all4dom

I am looking for some help on how to set up emby for remote access on my phone. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Dom

• Like 1

all4dom

Hey doofus, thanks for responding. I was just reading that page. Im running windows firewall so I should be able to set that up. How do I download emby connect? Would that be the easiest for remote viewing obn my phone?

Guest asrequested

I would use the ip addresd of my emby server?

Yes. Use the address and port that you see, here

59b5d5895a7fd_Snapshot_207.jpg

Edited by Doofus

Doofus not sure if u are there, but i just setup the port forwarding...hope i got it right. Now im not understanding emby connect. Do i have to create a guest account?

Happy2Play

Doofus not sure if u are there, but i just setup the port forwarding...hope i got it right. Now im not understanding emby connect. Do i have to create a guest account?

What are you trying to do?  If you are using Connect, the first thing you need to do is link your account to a local user.

59b5d0f01eb4d_userr.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

I would ask u a question on that but i am unable to get port forward working. Very frustrating. I used the canuseeme site to sewe if my port is open and I am still getting an error.

Guest asrequested

I would ask u a question on that but i am unable to get port forward working. Very frustrating. I used the canuseeme site to sewe if my port is open and I am still getting an error.

I think I steered you a little wrong, earlier. When forwarding, use the Local IP that shows in your dashboard. 

Happy2Play

The dashboard is showing the right external ip address correct?  Are you using a vpn?

For port forwarding, I used the wan number & tcp & 8096.I did this for my router. I then looked up how to allow access in the windows firewall & I setup that to allow access.I am not using a vpn.

Guest asrequested

For port forwarding, I used the wan number & tcp & 8096.I did this for my router. I then looked up how to allow access in the windows firewall & I setup that to allow access.I am not using a vpn.

Use the LAN address, not WAN. The rest is correct

Guest asrequested

OK...1st step success....thanks...now on to emby connect.

Just follow the steps in the picture, that I posted. You already have an account, just link it.