Tags field in metadata section

ebr

The tags are not heavily used at the moment.  We just haven't gotten there yet.  So, they won't do much other than have some sort of impact on what items are considered "similar".

saitoh183

I wanted to know how tags work..the one you set in the metadata section

530e3347378ec_Capture.jpg

I tried adding them to tv shows but fail to see how they work or where they show in MBC or MBT. I have search the forum (old forum search seems to be broken) but havent found an answer.

Koleckai Silvestri

I don't think they are implemented in the Clients or Web Client search yet...

I suspect they are for Playlist functionality that will be coming in the future.

saitoh183

I don't think they are implemented in the Clients or Web Client search yet...

I suspect they are for Playlist functionality that will be coming in the future.

saitoh183

MBC will also show you similar items via the context menu (* key on remote).

I dont see that in my screen

530e54d9a38fb_Capture.jpg530e54e2e5b9b_Capture1.jpg

Good day,

It working here with MBC, first enter a collection you have, then highlight (mouse over it if using a mouse or a selector/pointer a title you want then apply the context  menu by pressing on the "*" as you see:

530e5935591cc_mediab3abo1479.jpg

530e595cc1934_mediab3abo1480.jpg

530e597eb3d39_mediab3abo1481.jpg

My best

Good day,

The "tags" in metadata at the mb3 server to help for "similar" titles for clients that support that, like MBT:

530e3e2481237_mediab3abo1478.jpg

I do not know if Luke fully apply it, did not test it for some time now.

My best

• Like 2

saitoh183

Ah ic now...but funny that i put my both potter movies under the same Tag (Potter) and when i choose similar, i see all the current movies i added. Does similar also pick up Genres? (Since Luke said its similar)

saitoh183

Ah ic now...but funny that i put my both potter movies under the same Tag (Potter) and when i choose similar, i see all the current movies i added. Does similar also pick up Genres? (Since Luke said its similar)

I did some test and yes it does include Genres tag. Will the Tags field in the future be independent of the Genres Field? Or else its kind of pointless.

Good day,

The "Tags" in one of the factors that help if you do customize you title to display "similar" titles in the way you want, to work best, the tags should be in the first list in a titles and a like. Genres one of them and a like.

My best

saitoh183

I figured tags would work a bit like making your own customized boxset without having to acutally use the <set> tag a bit like what XBMC had done. I have a bit of a hard time understanding your explanation. could you give an example? :)