Unable to Load Subtitle

cranko

Hi,

Most of my movies are having a problem to display subtitles. The sub is there, it is showing "Subtitle Loading" for a few seconds then it shows "Unable to Load Subtitle"

Is it a common issue on all Fire TV devices? If not, how do I fix this?

Thanks,

cranko

• Like 1

ahbi_santini

I have the same issue.

It isn't a very good solution by I (1) pause the movie when it first starts to give the server's cache time to fill, and (2) after that switch subtitles, and then back to the original subtitles.

It doesn't always work but it does about 75% of the time

• Like 1

aptalca

May or may not be related to this, but on the fire tv, if media is resumed (with the subs on), the subtitles are almost always a few seconds off (usually early). Sometimes seeking fixes it, sometimes not.

jnheinz

+1 to this.  Definitely not a consistent result on Emby for Android TV/Fire TV.  We are big subtitle users (kind of hard of hearing), and it's definitely a little frustrating fighting with them.  It seems like if you turn them on early in the playback, it will fail almost every time.  If I wait 2-3 minutes in, it will work more frequently.  Tough to establish a pattern, but there is room for improvement for subtitle reliability.

Do you need any logs from the app?

jnheinz

I have the same issue.

It isn't a very good solution by I (1) pause the movie when it first starts to give the server's cache time to fill, and (2) after that switch subtitles, and then back to the original subtitles.

It doesn't always work but it does about 75% of the time

This is what I have been doing by accident.  I generally start the movie, pause it for a few minutes to go to the bathroom, come back & enable subtitles.  Seems to work most of the time.  Last night, I didn't pause at all and fought with them for awhile.