Emby Asustor Package

Luke

alucryd

The screen shows armv7l, this is not a good sign, armv7l usually means hardware floating point is disabled. dotnet core needs to run on an armv7h firmware, so with hardware floating point enabled. Could you please ssh into your device and share the output of the following commands? The CPU (armada 385) supports hardware floating point, so it could just be they got confused with the naming like many people before them.

uname -a
cat /proc/cpuinfo

Simantic13

Sorry for the delay.  Long day at work, and church right after.  Here's another screenshot for you.

5c2d72b0909ce_20190102AsustorScreenshot2

Edited by Simantic13

• 2 weeks later...
Simantic13

Anybody got any ideas on this yet?  I've still got my fingers crossed I might be able to use Emby again.  Now that I've used it for a bit and had to go back to Plex, I really miss Emby!

@@Simantic13, apologies for the delay. We will get you an answer on this. We're just a little swamped right now due to the 4.0 release, but we haven't forgotten you. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
buenso80

@@Simantic13, can you please try this:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.1.0.2/emby-server-asustor_4.1.0.2_arm.apk

If it supports hardware floating point there's a good chance it will work. Thanks !

I can confirm the .apk is installing on AS1002T . Thanks a bunch. This saved my weekend :-)

EDIT: Installs and runs but can´t seem to reach the server (port 8096) error: "This site can't be reached".

Edited by buenso80

I can confirm the .apk is installing on AS1002T . Thanks a bunch. This saved my weekend :-)

That's fantastic, thanks ! Can you attach an Emby Server log? I am just curious to see it. Thanks.

buenso80

That's fantastic, thanks ! Can you attach an Emby Server log? I am just curious to see it. Thanks.

Would if i knew how to do this? Sorry i´m not an expert..

Simantic13

Well, I got it to install, and that is AWESOME!

But, I can't get it to work.  When I click on the app, it opens up a new page with the IP for my NAS on port 8096, and says "This site can't be reached".  I have checked my router, and I do have port 8096 TCP forwarded to the IP of my NAS, but it's still not working.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

alucryd

According to buenso80 it should just work. Did you install over the previous incompatible version or did you wipe it out first ? BTW emby can take a while to load on modest hardware like arm devices.

Simantic13

I never could even install the incompatible version, so that shouldn't be an issue.  It would error out with "Unable to upload. The file format is invalid for this system. (Ref. 6005)", so it never installed.

I installed this new version, and it uploaded just fine and the Emby icon appeared on my home page.  When I click it, a new tab opens trying to go to port 8096 on my NAS and instantly fails saying "This site can't be reached".

I then tried uninstalling the app, restarting the NAS, and reinstalling the app with the same result.

Just now, when I logged in, my NAS did a system update and restart, but that didn't change anything either.

How would I know the app is even actually loading?  When I click on the icon, nothing happens on that page.  It just opens a new tab that fails to connect.

Simantic13

So I asked a friend who knows more about networking than me to look at it.  He said the problem is the NAS is not listening on that port.  The error message says it refused to connect, so that means it's getting through the router just fine, but the NAS is saying no.  I've dug through a lot of settings in my NAS, and can't find anywhere to configure ports.  I did find the "EZ Router" settings in "Settings" -> "Manual Connect", but that was no help.  Anybody know what I'm missing?  I'll admit I'm not very knowledgable with advanced networking.

buenso80

I´m back, and sorry if i confused some of you by not posting a log.

I found that the app was installed fin and also seems to run.

Sad thing is that i´m also experiencing the exact same: port 8096 error as @@Simantic13

I have also tried to access the NAS from the Emby website by typing the local ip address and typing in the port manually. Although trying different ports, nothing seems to reach the server?

Maybe @@Simantic13 could post a log? I can´t, as i did something terrible: I tried to install Plex (just to test if it was a actually port forwarding problem) and it worked as a charm..

The next problem was that I wasn´t able to play anything as the AS1002T cpu is way to weak to transcode anything at all.

So i went for the more powerfull AS3202T. As soon as i get it up and running i will install Emby and see if the port problem is present. If no port problem, then there must be a bug in the arm.apk

Update: The AS3202T has no problems connecting with Emby locally on the default port?

Edited by buenso80

Simantic13

I'm not sure how exactly to post the correct log.  I looked at the instructions linked above, but since I can't get the Asustor app to open at all, I can't get logs for it.  I can provide logs from the server running on my PC, but I don't know how to get anything from the server that doesn't appear to run at all on the Asustor.

Yea we're not sure yet either because we have the port defined in the manifest for the app, so the device should be granting access to it. We may have to get help from Asustor on this one. Thanks.

alucryd

@@Simantic13 Are you sure the AS3202T is also armv7l? Sounds to me that the issue must be the architecture. Can you please provide the same information I asked for before with your new model?

buenso80

@@alucryd

never claimed that the as3202t was ARMv7. It has a Celeron cpu

@@Luke

I ditched my as1002t for the as3202t but still has it stored. When i get a moment, i will try to install the latest beta..

• 2 weeks later...
Simantic13

Sorry for the delay, but it works!  Thank you all!  I haven't got my libraries set up yet as I'm not at home, but I was able to remote in through myasustor.com, install v.4.1.0.8 of the app, and launch the server successfully.  I'll finish setting it up when I'm home on the local network.

Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!