Emby Asustor Package

Luke

michael72

Hi freeflight29,

I can reach the web interface easily on my as6404t. No problems at all. I can open emby and look a few hours later on the web interface, no disconnection, everything runs smooth.

freeflight29

Hi freeflight29,

I can reach the web interface easily on my as6404t. No problems at all. I can open emby and look a few hours later on the web interface, no disconnection, everything runs smooth.

that 's crazy, my one is new with new disks "'seegate ironwolf" and the only time that it was working it was with the "native" app emby  on the nas

freeflight29

@@Luke, i have tried to install the latest package ...... it's even worth. i'm stuk on the installation of emby. if you want to access to the nas and check what happen, let me know , i wil let you to access to my nas.

Edit: i think it may be because i install emby without all disks synchronised in the raid. i will retry once when the disks will be synchronised.

post-244236-0-64904900-1512774855_thumb.png

Edited by freeflight29

freeflight29

@mickael72

Could you tell me wich version have you about your adm, wich kind of disk ? the version of emby app you are using ? 

Thanks

michael72

Hi freeflight29,

i have AS6404T with ADM 3.0.3RAI4, Bios 1.21

Currently newest emby Version 3.2.50.0

Currently 1x10TB HGST HDN721010ALE604  (Deskstar NAS HD)

16port Network switch Netgear GSS116E-100EUS

Router Fritzbox 6490

Edited by michael72

michael72

@@alucryd

I´m admin UID999 in the administrator group and I have given all rights (read/write) to all directories.

But it still doesn´t update my metadata files (nfo/jpg) if I put a new video in the folder.

Only if I force metadata update via emby webinterface it does create the metadata files.

My settings see above, emby application version: 3.2.50.0

Here ´s my log:

Log1.txt

Log2.txt

Edited by michael72

michael72

@@Luke
After a library scan everything is fine, every metadata file (nfo/jpg) is created.
I did a scan and I attached the log. But that is not my main target.
The main disappointment is that the Qnap TVS-873 does "real-time" library monitoring, that means that if I put a video clip in a folder about 2 minutes later the metadata-files will be created.
The Asus 6404T doesn´t do a "real-time" library monitoring, even after hours no metadata files will be created.
Perhaps you can tell me if that is a NAS/emby/user privilege problem?
How can I fix this? Or maybe is this something for the emby "to-do" list?
I have no Mono version installed, only stock AsusMedia apps and then emby 3.2.50.0.
Thx, Michael.

Log4.txt

@@Luke

After a library scan everything is fine, every metadata file (nfo/jpg) is created.

I did a scan and I attached the log. But that is not my main target.

The main disappointment is that the Qnap TVS-873 does "real-time" library monitoring, that means that if I put a video clip in a folder about 2 minutes later the metadata-files will be created.

The Asus 6404T doesn´t do a "real-time" library monitoring, even after hours no metadata files will be created.

Perhaps you can tell me if that is a NAS/emby/user privilege problem?

How can I fix this? Or maybe is this something for the emby "to-do" list?

I have no Mono version installed, only stock AsusMedia apps and then emby 3.2.50.0.

Thx, Michael.

Looks like there's an error coming from your file system

2017-12-09 19:17:30.460 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /share/femdom
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.50.0
	Command line: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /home/emby -ffmpeg /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -updatepackage emby-server-asustor_{version}_x86-64.apk
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.24.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /home/emby
	Application directory: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/share/femdom/#Recycle' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	No Stack Trace Available
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException
	System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

michael72

Hi Luke, I installed everything fresh at the AS6404T. Now I haven´t got the filesystem error anymore. It was my fault. I haven´t given privileges to users to access the network recycle bin (only for admins). Now the real-time monitoring works flawless within minutes. No error in the log "permission denied", thanks a lot. :-)

:D :D :D

freeflight29

Hello luke,

i made a fresh install again, with only  "emby-server-asustor_3.2.50.0_x86-64" installed on my as6404t.

i launch it one time, and i stuck on the first page "http://192.168.0.100:8096/web/wizardstart.html" (see the pic in attachment) 

i stop and start the app and same pb, stuck on the first page

i let the two logs i have in the folder ".\home\emby\logs" i let them in attachment too

regards

Edit: i don't change anything with my PC config and the "native" emby package was working, but i think it's may be a pb with Bitdefender or malwarebytes anti malware.

home_emby_logs.zip

post-244236-0-57436800-1512942922_thumb.png

Edited by freeflight29

Hello luke,

i made a fresh install again, with only  "emby-server-asustor_3.2.50.0_x86-64" installed on my as6404t.

i launch it one time, and i stuck on the first page "http://192.168.0.100:8096/web/wizardstart.html" (see the pic in attachment) 

i stop and start the app and same pb, stuck on the first page

i let the two logs i have in the folder ".\home\emby\logs" i let them in attachment too

regards

Edit: i don't change anything with my PC config and the "native" emby package was working, but i think it's may be a pb with Bitdefender or malwarebytes anti malware.

Is it possible there's something wrong with your NAS? You seem to be the only one here reporting this and we're not able to reproduce on our test devices. Or maybe something you've customized?

freeflight29

Is it possible there's something wrong with your NAS? You seem to be the only one here reporting this and we're not able to reproduce on our test devices. Or maybe something you've customized?

nothing change between the "native" emby apps and the latest and the native one was working on the same nas BUT, when i turn off bitdefender and malwarebytes antimalware it's seem working good.

By now i turn on again bitdefender and emby web interface still reachable

I will see if it's malwarebytes antimalware is the problem. 

i could reach the web interface again with no problem, now i will try to add films in my media folders and will see if i could scan my media library without any issues

could you tell me more about this error? 

017-12-10 23:12:30.315 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load type 'EmbyServer.Windows.ShellLink' from assembly 'EmbyServer, Version=3.2.50.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Thanks for the feedback. The LoaderException is nothing to worry about. We'll remove the message from the log.

suffren1234

Hi Luke,

Is there any way to totally wipe out Emby server from the Asustor NAS ?

If I delete the app from the ADM control center, it does not delete the Emby folder in ./home, neither does it delete the emby user and usergroup.

As mentioned above, I couldn't manage to edit or delete the user or the group manually from the console.

I would like to try again from scratch to see if it solves my problem (emby crashes after a few minutes, even with no library set up...)

Thx for your help,

Romain

You would have to SSH into the device and delete the folder manually.

Unfortunately that's the best i can tell you because if we use the folder that asustor wants us to use, then that folder gets wiped out on every update and there's nothing we can do about that. So we're forced to pick between two imperfect options and that's what we've done.

freeflight29

Hi Luke,

Is there any way to totally wipe out Emby server from the Asustor NAS ?

If I delete the app from the ADM control center, it does not delete the Emby folder in ./home, neither does it delete the emby user and usergroup.

As mentioned above, I couldn't manage to edit or delete the user or the group manually from the console.

I would like to try again from scratch to see if it solves my problem (emby crashes after a few minutes, even with no library set up...)

Thx for your help,

Romain

Hello,

could you tell me what is your NAS model?

Thx 

freeflight29

hello luke,

i take more times to see whats really happen, so for me i had 2 problems.

1- for a resaon i couldn't explain, when i was reinstalling, i was stuck a the second "wizard page" and lost the connection with the emby server, I turn off antivirus and malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Without malwarebytes I could finish the install of emby. I uninstall malwarebytes and all working fine .

2- after when i add media file i lost randomly the connection to emby server. then i take a look to the  log and i notice i lost the connection at the same moment always during a medi scanning and on the same film.

2017-12-11 23:11:05.352 Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file /home/emby/config/metadata.xml
2017-12-11 23:11:05.686 Debug App: Running ManualCollectionFolderImageProvider for /home/emby/data/collections
2017-12-11 23:11:05.886 Debug App: Running CollectionFolderImageProvider for /home/emby/root/default/Series
2017-12-11 23:11:05.919 Debug App: Running CollectionFolderImageProvider for /home/emby/root/default/Vidéos et photos personnelles
2017-12-11 23:11:05.927 Debug App: Running CollectionFolderImageProvider for /home/emby/root/default/Mangas
2017-12-11 23:11:05.929 Debug App: Running CollectionFolderImageProvider for /home/emby/root/default/Documentaires
2017-12-11 23:11:05.934 Debug App: Running CollectionFolderImageProvider for /home/emby/root/default/Mangas
2017-12-11 23:11:05.937 Debug App: Running CollectionFolderImageProvider for /home/emby/root/default/Vidéos et photos personnelles
2017-12-11 23:11:05.939 Debug App: Running CollectionFolderImageProvider for /home/emby/root/default/Series
2017-12-11 23:11:05.942 Debug App: Running CollectionFolderImageProvider for /home/emby/root/default/Documentaires
2017-12-11 23:11:06.746 Debug App: Running FolderXmlProvider for /share/Videos/Films/La French 2014 1080p Blu-Ray FRA AVC DTS-HD MA 5.1-WiHD
2017-12-11 23:11:06.754 Debug App: FolderXmlProvider returned no metadata for /share/Videos/Films/La French 2014 1080p Blu-Ray FRA AVC DTS-HD MA 5.1-WiHD

so i delete it. by now and i cross fingers :) it's working , i have all my film.

Regards

Edited by freeflight29

freeflight29

what exactly did you delete?

I delete this film:

/share/Videos/Films/La French 2014 1080p Blu-Ray FRA AVC DTS-HD MA 5.1-WiHD

In the log I notice that i always lost the connexion to the server when the scan try to discover it. So I delete it

This morning my connexion to emby is up. That was not the case before (only few minutes)

freeflight29

I'm not at home by now and I deleted it. Not sure I could found it in a recycle bin. I just thought may be i still have it on my HDD backup. I will let you know

Edited by freeflight29