Emby Asustor Package

Luke

It will be listed at the top of your server log:

Program data path:

ahh.. see it in the settings now.. the path window.. thank you..

*UPDATE**

the location of the files from EMBY server shows as 

/usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/programdata/

however when I SSH and get to AppCentral folder I do not see emby-server folder there... 

*update 2*

strange.. when i remove the app it removes the emby-server location in the AppCentral folder and yet after i reinstall it, my database is still there.. even if i remove the emby-server folder manually and then reinstall the app I still get my database there.. this is the only folder I see where the emby data gets stored.. am I missing something here? is there another hidden location for the database?

Edited by Dariusz

ahh.. see it in the settings now.. the path window.. thank you..

*UPDATE**

the location of the files from EMBY server shows as 

/usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/programdata/

however when I SSH and get to AppCentral folder I do not see emby-server folder there... 

*update 2*

strange.. when i remove the app it removes the emby-server location in the AppCentral folder and yet after i reinstall it, my database is still there.. even if i remove the emby-server folder manually and then reinstall the app I still get my database there.. this is the only folder I see where the emby data gets stored.. am I missing something here? is there another hidden location for the database?

After rremoving the emby-server folder and uninstalling the app, I had to reboot the NAS.. I just reinstalled the latest version and I am getting the main setup screen.. will test it and see how it goes..

alucryd

For some reason it seems v3.2.30.10 wouldn't uninstall. Didn't run into this behavior, please let me know if it happens again. FYI, the library is in /home/emby now, so you don't need to SSH should you want to wipe it.

Some errors from embyserver-asustor-x64-3.2.30.20.apk.

1) Missing information in FFmpeg path in Server --> Transcoding --> FFmpeg path.
2) Not possible to save FFmpeg path settings.
3) Missing file. Reports --> List View / Episodes: Status for missing primary/logo/backdrop image: Could not find file '/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system/dashboard-ui/edititemimages.html'.
4) Missing image: Reports --> Activities Log: No default image for user without image.
5) Restart not working in Dashboard. See logfile server-63641105352.txt.

Tested on a clean installation of v3.2.30.20.

Will test the new version 3.2.30.22 later.

server-63641105352.txt

Edited by Gimli

Can you explain #1? For this package it's not intended to be able to customize the ffmpeg path. thanks.

There are no information in the input field.

Any information typed in the field are not saved.

Is it possible to prefill the field with some text e.g. 'Not used on Asustor NAS' and lock the field for input.

6) Not possible to change any other information on the page without filling some information in the ffmpeg path field. The page validation require some information in ffmpeg path.

Edited by Gimli

Some errors from embyserver-asustor-x64-3.2.30.20.apk.

1) Missing information in FFmpeg path in Server --> Transcoding --> FFmpeg path.

2) Not possible to save FFmpeg path settings.

3) Missing file. Reports --> List View / Episodes: Status for missing primary/logo/backdrop image: Could not find file '/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server/system/dashboard-ui/edititemimages.html'.

4) Missing image: Reports --> Activities Log: No default image for user without image.

5) Restart not working in Dashboard. See logfile server-63641105352.txt.

Tested with embyserver-asustor-x64-3.2.30.23.apk.

1, 2, 3 and 6 are solved.

4) Please show some default/dummy picture (e.g. system/dashboard-ui/css/images/logindefault.png) for users without image.

5) No changes. Are the restart done by calling the CONTROL/start-stop.sh script?

I will test some Asustor methods to restart the service and return with the results.

Thanks for the fast resolving of the problems.

Update to 5): Tested a modified start-stop.sh from the shell, with a 5 sec. pause between the stop and start. Then it works.

Added a restart block in start-stop.sh and used the restart option.

restart)
    start-stop-daemon -K -q -p $PID_FILE
    sleep 5
    start-stop-daemon -S -q -b -c emby:emby -x $APP_DIR/bin/emby-server -p $PID_FILE -m
    ;;
Edited by Gimli

new build is up. Can you confirm the emby server dashboard notifies you that an update is available? thanks.

new build is up. Can you confirm the emby server dashboard notifies you that an update is available? thanks.

Still embyserver-asustor-x64-3.2.30.23.apk in the first post.

Version 3.2.30.23
check
Emby Server is up to date

No information about update.

What port / protocol is used to test for the new update. May be my firewall is closed for it.

Edited by Gimli

It just queries github. If you can attach the server log we'll see if there's an error or not. Thanks.

Edit: nevermind, I know why.

What will be the preferred way to update the app in the future once the final version makes it into the asustor app store? Will there be an option to update to latest version from within the app dashboard?

Going forward the downloads are being moved to the website. Thanks to everyone who helped test.

After the upcoming stable release, we'll submit that to the Asustor app store. The app store will be the easiest install method. The binaries will always be available for those who want it immediately. Thanks.

Guest zecakeh

Hi there, I just have a question.

I've installed this package and I noticed that the package doesn't ask permission for the default https port 8920. That means we can't use https.

Is that a package thing or a .NET Core thing? Is that a bug or a feature?

alucryd

@@zecakeh The only way to get ssl right now is to provide a certificate to emby yourself via the web interface (advanced settings). There are 2 other options that are not yet implemented, either let emby generate a self-signed https, or use the nas' webserver as an https proxy.

@@Luke How do you generate your self-signed certificate? Openssl? GnuTLS certtool?

For .net core currently we don't create a self signed cert so users will need to provide their own. The only reason there's no self signed cert is simply because i haven't gotten to it yet. The way we were doing it before is not available in .net core so I need to look into something new. Regardless you won't get a great experience with the self signed cert anyway.

Please Help

I just noticed a notification (with in Emby) today about this new build for the Asustor. I have the AS6210T model, because my library consist of thousands of movies and tv shows. It literately takes me a week to scan and rebuild the library (metadata).

I know how to back up and restore user/server settings.

Is there away to restore (transfer) all my metadata? I just don't see that option.

I keep all my metadata for my Movies in there respective movie/video folder. All other metadata is stored in Emby's default setting. About 6 months ago I did a fresh install of Emby. Even though I had all the metadata for the movies, it still scanned and replaced all that data. I had to go back through all the metadata and fix the incorrect info. I really don't want to do that again or wait days for it to retrieve all that metadata... if I don't have to.

• Like 1

In other news, your Emby Server will notify you of new stable releases, but if you'd like to try beta builds you can grab them from github: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases

The latest build comes with an exciting improvement - VA API hardware transcoding support.

Important - when enabling this you may need to update the the VA API device setting to it's new default value:
/dev/dri/renderD128
Enjoy.