Emby Asustor Package

Luke

joe1971

Hi guys,

Does anyone if there's a recent 32-bit build of the Emby Asustor apk anywhere?

I'm looking for an up to date Emby build for my AS202-TE (Intel Atom CPU). The version in AppCentral is v3.2.25 which is quite old now and Android Emby client applications are grumbling with a message when they connect to the server advising it's old and needs an update (ideally to v4.x if possible).

I'm sorry if I missed it anywhere, I've seen lots of previous posts in this thread mentioning x64 and ARM builds but I haven't seen anything mentioning 32-bit for us poor old AS2 / AS3 people.

Cheers

Joe

• 1 month later...
HanzoX7

Hi guys,

Just wondering how long (on estimate) does it take for the Asus app store to pick up on the new versions? 4.1.0.26 was released 3 days ago (according to Github). No rush or anything, just curious.

Cheers,

Hi guys,

Just wondering how long (on estimate) does it take for the Asus app store to pick up on the new versions? 4.1.0.26 was released 3 days ago (according to Github). No rush or anything, just curious.

Cheers,

I would expect it to be up sometime next week. Thanks.

Simantic13

I've been having a problem for several weeks now with my library not updating.  When I view my Emby server through the web app, everything is up to date.  When I view it on my Roku through the app running directly off my Asustor, it doesn't see anything I've added in quite a long time.  It did this for a couple weeks until I logged in to my Asustor and saw an update.  I ran the update, and suddenly it started working normally for about a week showing me the content I'd added recently.  Then, it reverted back to not showing the new stuff again, and I haven't been able to get it to work since.  I didn't even realize I still had Plex installed, but found it was still, and it sees everything like it should.  No matter what I do, I can't get Emby to update the library.  I'm sure I'm probably missing something.  Anybody have any ideas?

I've been having a problem for several weeks now with my library not updating.  When I view my Emby server through the web app, everything is up to date.  When I view it on my Roku through the app running directly off my Asustor, it doesn't see anything I've added in quite a long time.  It did this for a couple weeks until I logged in to my Asustor and saw an update.  I ran the update, and suddenly it started working normally for about a week showing me the content I'd added recently.  Then, it reverted back to not showing the new stuff again, and I haven't been able to get it to work since.  I didn't even realize I still had Plex installed, but found it was still, and it sees everything like it should.  No matter what I do, I can't get Emby to update the library.  I'm sure I'm probably missing something.  Anybody have any ideas?

Hi, can you please go over an example? thanks.

• 3 months later...
FiercePierce

OK, I have an ASUSTOR 3204T v2, and my EMBY server was running fine, until I upgraded the ASUSTOR to the BETA ADM.  Ever since then, I get the same issue lots of others have posted about, which is a browser not able to connect to the server via it's ip address at port 8096.  I have tried 3 different browsers.  I did read a comment on page 10 that states the commentor updating emby to a new version.  How is this done outside of using the ASUSTOR App Portal?  I have factory reset this device 5 times, and still cannot get it to run EMBY, and EMBY was the MAJOR reason behind buying this particular NAS unit.  Any help y'all can provide would be valuable.  I did find a post with a link from Luke about getting log files, so I will visit it and see if I can figure out if EMBY Server is even starting and running.  I do get the EMBY Shortcut on my ASUSTOR Portal's desktop, and click it or just opening a browser and pointing it to teh ASUSTOR's ip at port 8096 returns the same results, which is no connection.   PLEASE HELP ME!!!5d4a23079ccca_embyedge.png5d4a2317c2d41_embyie.png5d4a22bc1c548_embychrome.png

Hi, what other users are mentioning that? I don't see that. Regarding your issue, I would try rebooting your nas. If the issue persists then we'll need to see log files. Thanks.

FiercePierce

Several other users were having issues connecting to their EMBY server that their installed via the ASUSTOR Apps in the Portal and were getting an error as unreachable at that address on port 8096.  Regardless, I have restarted this NAS so many times I can't even count one my fingers and toes now.  I just found your GitHub page with the current release you have for the ASUSTOR.  The x86_64 version for ASUSTOR is what installed for my 3204tv2.  However, when I click on the EMBY Icon that got created on my ASUSTOR's Desktop, it opens my default browser, Chrome, and I get the same message in my post above.  When I look at the process running on my ASUSTOR via the Portal's Activity Monitor, I do not see a listing for EMBY.  So even though the App log shows that it installed successfully the EMBY apk, I do not believe it is running.  How can I tell?  And how on earth do I get logs for the EMBY Server on the ASUSTOR?  I read the entire post from the link you posted in one of your comments after someone else asked how to get a log, and it doesn't show anything other than Windows path stuff.  Thanks for any help.

Several other users were having issues connecting to their EMBY server that their installed via the ASUSTOR Apps in the Portal and were getting an error as unreachable at that address on port 8096.  Regardless, I have restarted this NAS so many times I can't even count one my fingers and toes now.  I just found your GitHub page with the current release you have for the ASUSTOR.  The x86_64 version for ASUSTOR is what installed for my 3204tv2.  However, when I click on the EMBY Icon that got created on my ASUSTOR's Desktop, it opens my default browser, Chrome, and I get the same message in my post above.  When I look at the process running on my ASUSTOR via the Portal's Activity Monitor, I do not see a listing for EMBY.  So even though the App log shows that it installed successfully the EMBY apk, I do not believe it is running.  How can I tell?  And how on earth do I get logs for the EMBY Server on the ASUSTOR?  I read the entire post from the link you posted in one of your comments after someone else asked how to get a log, and it doesn't show anything other than Windows path stuff.  Thanks for any help.

log files can be found in /home/emby/logs. Thanks.

There is no emby subfolder under the /home folder.

Ok so it looks like you haven't started the server application.

FiercePierce

Okay. What does this mean. Your replies are really vague. All in instructions said to install the Emby app from the portal. I did that, and the Emby shortcut was created on the desktop. I clicked the on/off button to disable and then enable and still nothing. So why isnt the Emby server automatically starting?

FiercePierce

Okay, so I did a bunch more googling, and found that the emby-server isn't running after the install, even though the EMBY App in the App Central shows EMBY to be turned on.  (The switch icon shows it's on)

But after doing some searching, as I'm not as well versed in Linux as I am Windows, I was able to determine that the emby-server app was not actually running.  So, I figured how to ssh into the ASUSTOR, and then I figured out how to start the emby-server.  However, if I close WinSCP, it kills the server.  So, I am assuming that it is because the emby-server is running live in the WinSCP and not setup to run in the background.  So, how do I get the emby-server to run without having to stay connected via WinSCP 24x7 from my laptop?  Thanks for any help and advice.

Okay, so I did a bunch more googling, and found that the emby-server isn't running after the install, even though the EMBY App in the App Central shows EMBY to be turned on.  (The switch icon shows it's on)

But after doing some searching, as I'm not as well versed in Linux as I am Windows, I was able to determine that the emby-server app was not actually running.  So, I figured how to ssh into the ASUSTOR, and then I figured out how to start the emby-server.  However, if I close WinSCP, it kills the server.  So, I am assuming that it is because the emby-server is running live in the WinSCP and not setup to run in the background.  So, how do I get the emby-server to run without having to stay connected via WinSCP 24x7 from my laptop?  Thanks for any help and advice.

I'm not sure as I haven't seen this before. I'll pass this on to our Asustor developer. Thanks.

FiercePierce

Thanks Luke.  I did talk with one of the Linux guys at work, and he told me that I can manually fix this, but that if an update came out, it would re-write what I do to make it run in the background.  I can run start the emby-server using the screen command to background it or use &, but again, I would rather this be fixed and work as part of both the ASUSTOR and EMBY product.  It's not like I'll be switching to Plex or anything else, as I purchased a lifetime subscription to EMBY.  So, if you hear anything back from those clowns at ASUSTOR, let me know please.  I have had an open ticket with them for months on this, and they never do anything to help customers.  They aren't the same Tech Support as the main ASUS company, and I'm not sure why, but they are horrible at tech/customer support.

Anyhow, thanks for passing this info along to them.  I just hope they listen!

alucryd

Do you know what changed in this beta update? Is there a changelog somewhere? They must have broken something we relied on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Luke.  I did talk with one of the Linux guys at work, and he told me that I can manually fix this, but that if an update came out, it would re-write what I do to make it run in the background.  I can run start the emby-server using the screen command to background it or use &, but again, I would rather this be fixed and work as part of both the ASUSTOR and EMBY product.  It's not like I'll be switching to Plex or anything else, as I purchased a lifetime subscription to EMBY.  So, if you hear anything back from those clowns at ASUSTOR, let me know please.  I have had an open ticket with them for months on this, and they never do anything to help customers.  They aren't the same Tech Support as the main ASUS company, and I'm not sure why, but they are horrible at tech/customer support.

Anyhow, thanks for passing this info along to them.  I just hope they listen!

@@FiercePierce, can you please try our Emby Server beta package? Thanks !

OK, I have an ASUSTOR 3204T v2, and my EMBY server was running fine, until I upgraded the ASUSTOR to the BETA ADM.  Ever since then, I get the same issue lots of others have posted about, which is a browser not able to connect to the server via it's ip address at port 8096.  I have tried 3 different browsers.  I did read a comment on page 10 that states the commentor updating emby to a new version.  How is this done outside of using the ASUSTOR App Portal?  I have factory reset this device 5 times, and still cannot get it to run EMBY, and EMBY was the MAJOR reason behind buying this particular NAS unit.  Any help y'all can provide would be valuable.  I did find a post with a link from Luke about getting log files, so I will visit it and see if I can figure out if EMBY Server is even starting and running.  I do get the EMBY Shortcut on my ASUSTOR Portal's desktop, and click it or just opening a browser and pointing it to teh ASUSTOR's ip at port 8096 returns the same results, which is no connection.   PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I have the same exact problem with Asustor AS6102T... and still didn't find out what to do !

FiercePierce

Perhaps not run the beta ADM?

Come on now Luke.  The Beta, like your Beta, had some great things to try out.  Not enough info to know what it breaks vs what's good in the beta.  The purpose of a Beta is to test it and report any bugs.  You know, like when i installed the Beta for EMBY on my ASUSTOR.  Let's work together, not make snide comments that aren't helpful for anyone.  I mean, your the SysArc behind EMBY, so a little help here would be, well, helpful.

jjpold: try the beta version that Luke posted for me to install on mine.  It's working for me.