• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#221 FiercePierce OFFLINE  

FiercePierce

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 03:12 PM

Posted 29 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

It installed and auto started, so that is a plus.  So far so good. Anything else you want me to look at or into?

#222 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137890 posts
  • Local time: 04:12 PM

Posted 29 September 2019 - 05:19 PM

Just that one issue you were having before. Thanks.

#223 jjpold OFFLINE  

jjpold

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Local time: 10:12 PM

Posted 04 October 2019 - 09:12 AM

OK, I have an ASUSTOR 3204T v2, and my EMBY server was running fine, until I upgraded the ASUSTOR to the BETA ADM.  Ever since then, I get the same issue lots of others have posted about, which is a browser not able to connect to the server via it's ip address at port 8096.  I have tried 3 different browsers.  I did read a comment on page 10 that states the commentor updating emby to a new version.  How is this done outside of using the ASUSTOR App Portal?  I have factory reset this device 5 times, and still cannot get it to run EMBY, and EMBY was the MAJOR reason behind buying this particular NAS unit.  Any help y'all can provide would be valuable.  I did find a post with a link from Luke about getting log files, so I will visit it and see if I can figure out if EMBY Server is even starting and running.  I do get the EMBY Shortcut on my ASUSTOR Portal's desktop, and click it or just opening a browser and pointing it to teh ASUSTOR's ip at port 8096 returns the same results, which is no connection.   PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I have the same exact problem with Asustor AS6102T... and still didn't find out what to do !

#224 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137890 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:14 PM

Perhaps not run the beta ADM?

#225 FiercePierce OFFLINE  

FiercePierce

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 03:12 PM

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:28 PM

Perhaps not run the beta ADM?

Come on now Luke.  The Beta, like your Beta, had some great things to try out.  Not enough info to know what it breaks vs what's good in the beta.  The purpose of a Beta is to test it and report any bugs.  You know, like when i installed the Beta for EMBY on my ASUSTOR.  Let's work together, not make snide comments that aren't helpful for anyone.  I mean, your the SysArc behind EMBY, so a little help here would be, well, helpful.

jjpold: try the beta version that Luke posted for me to install on mine.  It's working for me.

#226 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137890 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:33 PM

Yes I understand. I was just trying to provide an answer for immediate resolution. But yes you're right about working together. Thanks for the feedback.

#227 jjpold OFFLINE  

jjpold

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 AM

Come on now Luke.  The Beta, like your Beta, had some great things to try out.  Not enough info to know what it breaks vs what's good in the beta.  The purpose of a Beta is to test it and report any bugs.  You know, like when i installed the Beta for EMBY on my ASUSTOR.  Let's work together, not make snide comments that aren't helpful for anyone.  I mean, your the SysArc behind EMBY, so a little help here would be, well, helpful.

jjpold: try the beta version that Luke posted for me to install on mine.  It's working for me.

thank you for the advice but the beta didn't work for me ...

#228 jjpold OFFLINE  

jjpold

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:59 AM

What is really strange to me is that Emby worked on my Asustor system few weeks ago. The difference is the change of hard disks. I started everything back from scratch. But whatever emby version I use, it won't install the server...

#229 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137890 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:47 PM

What is really strange to me is that Emby worked on my Asustor system few weeks ago. The difference is the change of hard disks. I started everything back from scratch. But whatever emby version I use, it won't install the server...

We'll help you in your existing topic. Thanks !

#230 jjpold OFFLINE  

jjpold

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:58 PM

We'll help you in your existing topic. Thanks !

Sorry but doesn't look like it !

#231 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137890 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:03 PM

We don't know the answer yet but we have been trying to help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users