Emby Asustor Package

Luke

Yes I understand. I was just trying to provide an answer for immediate resolution. But yes you're right about working together. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on now Luke.  The Beta, like your Beta, had some great things to try out.  Not enough info to know what it breaks vs what's good in the beta.  The purpose of a Beta is to test it and report any bugs.  You know, like when i installed the Beta for EMBY on my ASUSTOR.  Let's work together, not make snide comments that aren't helpful for anyone.  I mean, your the SysArc behind EMBY, so a little help here would be, well, helpful.

jjpold: try the beta version that Luke posted for me to install on mine.  It's working for me.

thank you for the advice but the beta didn't work for me ...

What is really strange to me is that Emby worked on my Asustor system few weeks ago. The difference is the change of hard disks. I started everything back from scratch. But whatever emby version I use, it won't install the server...

What is really strange to me is that Emby worked on my Asustor system few weeks ago. The difference is the change of hard disks. I started everything back from scratch. But whatever emby version I use, it won't install the server...

We'll help you in your existing topic. Thanks !

I don't quite understand how you've been "trying to help" me resolve this problem... You mean when you asked me to install the beta asustor package ?

• 6 months later...

Any solution yet? I can no longer add new libraries after installing the ADM beta release.

Can you please describe your issue? Thanks.

jorr@entofga.com

This is my issue. I bought a new ASUSTOR AS5304T, put 8TB drives x4 + another 4MB of RAM for a total of 32TB and 8MB so that I could do only ONE THING - stream my home videos to my devices in and outside of the house. Emby was working fine for a short while and I bought the lifetime membership. Then, I installed the Asustor ADM beta program update (from 3.4 to 3.5b) and I can no longer connect to or start the emby server on the NAS. This included the latest releases & even tried the beta. I have tried everything. Everything on my network and NAS was reset back to the defaults. I can run Plex fine, but cannot even start emby on the NAS - not using my PC or directly with the portal program and HDMI connected to my Samsung TV. Because the emby server won't start, no device apps have access. Please help.

Jim

jorr@entofga.com

Please help. I can't run my emby media server on my new NAS. It won't start, even though it appears to install. I am desperate. 

• 1 month later...
jorr@entofga.com

To rehash: This is my issue. I bought a new ASUSTOR AS5304T, put 8TB drives x4 + another 4MB of RAM for a total of 32TB and 8MB so that I could do only ONE THING - stream my home videos to my devices in and outside of the house. Emby was working fine for a short while and I bought the lifetime membership. I was "lovin-it". Then, I installed the Asustor ADM beta program update (from 3.4 to 3.5b) and I could no longer connect to or start the emby server on the NAS. This included the latest releases & even tried the beta version on emby. I have tried everything. Everything on my network and NAS was reset back to the defaults. I can start Plex, although it pixelates something terribly (the reason I bought emby), but cannot even start emby on the NAS - not using my PC or directly with the portal program and HDMI connected to my Samsung TV. Because the emby server won't start, no device apps have access. Please help.

I need help. I now have the non-beta 3.5 version of ADM and emby will NOT START. It seems to install but I cannot start it directly from the NAS, indirectly through my LAN or remotely through WAN.

Is this a problem with emby or my Asustor AS5304T NAS?

jorr@entofga.com

Luke, your response only had a link that took me back to this thread. What is your solution/suggestion?

Jim

4.4.0.8 didn't resolve my issue.

To rehash: This is my issue. I bought a new ASUSTOR AS5304T, put 8TB drives x4 + another 4MB of RAM for a total of 32TB and 8MB so that I could do only ONE THING - stream my home videos to my devices in and outside of the house. Emby was working fine for a short while and I bought the lifetime membership. I was "lovin-it". Then, I installed the Asustor ADM beta program update (from 3.4 to 3.5b) and I could no longer connect to or start the emby server on the NAS. This included the latest releases & even tried the beta version on emby. I have tried everything. Everything on my network and NAS was reset back to the defaults. I can start Plex, although it pixelates something terribly (the reason I bought emby), but cannot even start emby on the NAS - not using my PC or directly with the portal program and HDMI connected to my Samsung TV. Because the emby server won't start, no device apps have access. Please help.

I need help. I now have the non-beta 3.5 version of ADM and emby will NOT START. It seems to install but I cannot start it directly from the NAS, indirectly through my LAN or remotely through WAN.

Is this a problem with emby or my Asustor AS5304T NAS?

alucryd

I don't have any issue on another asustor x64 model with the latest 3.5 ADM. I never tried the beta though and went directly from 3.4 to 3.5. The beta probably broke something on the way. Are you able to SSH into the NAS and start emby manually? I can provide command lines tomorrow if needed.

jorr@entofga.com

Thanks. The answer is I tried to start it manually and it did not work. I finally got Asustor to issue me a DOA return and will be returning my AS5304T and purchasing a QNAP TS-453D for $100 more than I paid for the Asustor, but hoping that the codecs work better and the support is far superior. We shall see. The TS-453D was just released and the Gemini Lake processor they use is a 2019 version vs the 2017 version in the Asustor. It has the same Intel 600 graphic chip but I am hopeful that my PLEX and emby will run better. I fully realize now that I would need at least an i3 processor in order to stream well all of the time and I don't want to leave my i7 desktop on 24-7.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have an Asustor AS-204RS, Intel Atom x86 32-bit NAS. Asustor App Central version is 3.2.25.r1, tried downloading the latest asustor emby version from https://emby.media/ but doesn't install, surely because is x64.

Is there any updated 32-bit version that work with this NAS? I cant access the server from android "This emby server need to be updated."

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, darkxuy said:

Hi, I have an Asustor AS-204RS, Intel Atom x86 32-bit NAS. Asustor App Central version is 3.2.25.r1, tried downloading the latest asustor emby version from https://emby.media/ but doesn't install, surely because is x64.

Is there any updated 32-bit version that work with this NAS? I cant access the server from android "This emby server need to be updated."

Thanks.

Hi, we don't currently have a 32-bit package, sorry.