Fire TV APP ID?

Akilian

Anyone know the app id for Emby on FireTV? I have B00VVJKTW8 and 1504272751. But I think it's a 4 digit code. I want to launch into it directly with Control4.

Not sure exactly how that works but the package name (how you would launch with an intent) is tv.emby.embyatv

• 1 year later...

Not sure exactly how that works but the package name (how you would launch with an intent) is tv.emby.embyatv

I see this an older post, but how can I get a list of apps on my fire tv and how can I launch them?  I've been googling for a few days now and I haven't found anything more than the example you've supplied.

I guess I'm unclear on what you're asking. It sounds like you're asking for general android coding help and that's why I pointed you to something that looks similar to what you're asking about.

I guess I'm unclear on what you're asking. It sounds like you're asking for general android coding help and that's why I pointed you to something that looks similar to what you're asking about.

In the second post @@ebr said, "Not sure exactly how that works but the package name (how you would launch with an intent) is tv.emby.embyatv"

I am looking for an example on how to do this.  I figure if I can get this to work, then I can do the same for other apps.

Ok, I don't have ready-made sample code for you, that's why I took a minute to search and try to find something that might help you.

Ok, I don't have ready-made sample code for you, that's why I took a minute to search and try to find something that might help you.

Thanks for the information and taking the time to look this up.  I am not a developer so I am not sure where to begin looking in that repo.  What I was hoping was to have a way to launch the app using something like an http put.