How to not remember login

don.alcombright

don.alcombright

How do you make it so your accounts actually require login each time into the app? No matter what I do, unless I log out, it stays active in my account.

• Like 1

Can you clarify what you mean by 'stays active in my account'? Unless you've specifically set the 'auto-login as X' in the user settings when Emby for Apple TV starts it should connect you to the same server and show you a list of available users to select from.

Thanks!

don.alcombright

Can you clarify what you mean by 'stays active in my account'? Unless you've specifically set the 'auto-login as X' in the user settings when Emby for Apple TV starts it should connect you to the same server and show you a list of available users to select from.

Thanks!

If I go to my Apple TV home screen and select Emby, It goes to the login page and I can login fine (for now as I test I have 2 accounts, mine + Kids).

Then I leave Emby... whether its right away, an hour later or 5 days later if I re-open Emby it just logs me back in automatically.

I have changed the setting in the Apple TV user settings page to not avail. Is this expected behavior? Seems like a security issue as I can't use the product with kids having access to the same TV.

How do you exit the app?

If you use the Apple TV "home" button then you aren't actually exiting it at all.  You are going forward to home.  If you then come back to the app, it will be right where you left it.  

arecad98

How do you exit the app?

If you use the Apple TV "home" button then you aren't actually exiting it at all. You are going forward to home. If you then come back to the app, it will be right where you left it.

I have same issue whether I click home button or menu button to exit the app. Apple tv keeps it running in the background and does not prompt to choose user when logging back in. Only way to get the user prompt it to double click home button me swipe away emby to close it.

don.alcombright

Thanks for the ideas. We are discussing ideas internally over how to improve this. Thanks.

thanks, my assumption (and yes this is based off of how I am used to in Plex) which makes the most sense is to request login each and every time the app is re-launched, or re-clicked on the apple tv. Parental controls should trump any form of "annoying" security since in reality if security is annoying to you then you shouldn't be using it as the annoyance is more annoying than the benefit of parental controls.

Also, a second idea, if you are using a pin use the pin popup, not the full password popup, that keyboard on screen is annoying to use. Just my 2 cents though.

This is a road block for me currently, as I don't want my twin toddlers falling into an R rated films as they both know how to navigate my remote somehow haha.

• 4 weeks later...
fbrassin

How do you exit the app?

If you use the Apple TV "home" button then you aren't actually exiting it at all.  You are going forward to home.  If you then come back to the app, it will be right where you left it.  

Which is the right way to exit emby app, without letting it work in background?

Which is the right way to exit emby app, without letting it work in background?

Honestly, I'm not sure it is possible on an Apple TV.  I believe it keeps the app running in the background unless you force close it.

• Like 1

arecad98

Honestly, I'm not sure it is possible on an Apple TV.  I believe it keeps the app running in the background unless you force close it.

Would implementing an automatic logoff of the user after a certain period of inactivity solve this? I think I saw that in the Android TV app settings. For instance, set it to 30 minutes and if the application is idle for 30 mins it logs out the user therefore forcing a logon next time the app is opened. Not sure if this can be specific to when the app is in the "background" only rather than being active on the screen.

• 11 months later...

Any way to solve this? I exit Emby by pressing the Apple TV "Menu" button until I get back to the Apple TV Home Screen.

Apparently this leaves Emby "running" in the background. How can I make it actually "exit" Emby so when I open it again it asks for a user instead of going straight to the user that was previously logged in?

Any way to solve this? I exit Emby by pressing the Apple TV "Menu" button until I get back to the Apple TV Home Screen.

Apparently this leaves Emby "running" in the background. How can I make it actually "exit" Emby so when I open it again it asks for a user instead of going straight to the user that was previously logged in?

if the user logged in has a password, it should be getting automatically logged out.  If they don't have a password, then we don't really see the point of logging out.

if the user logged in has a password, it should be getting automatically logged out.  If they don't have a password, then we don't really see the point of logging out.

Myself, my wife, and each of my kids have separate Emby accounts.  No passwords on any of them.  But obviously we all watched different shows at different times on the same Apple TV.  But it keeps going straight into my account so the kids and wife aren't seeing their 'Up Next' and shows they've left off on. 

It would be nice if when opening the Emby App on Apple TV it went to the User Login page like it does in Emby Theater when you have autologin turned off like below.

5ba3bb5aa86ee_login.jpg

Edited by Wilky13

It would be nice if when opening the Emby App on Apple TV it went to the User Login page like it does in Emby Theater when you have autologin turned off like below.

The app does do that.  The problem here is the way the platform works.  It is just like your phone.  Nothing is ever actually closed - just moved to the background.  So, when you think you are "starting" the app, all you are really doing is bringing it back to the foreground right where you left off.

If you double-tap your home button and swipe up on Emby, then open it again from the home screen, you will see the login choices you are expecting.

The app does do that. The problem here is the way the platform works. It is just like your phone. Nothing is ever actually closed - just moved to the background. So, when you think you are "starting" the app, all you are really doing is bringing it back to the foreground right where you left off.

If you double-tap your home button and swipe up on Emby, then open it again from the home screen, you will see the login choices you are expecting.

Yes, that was what I figured was happening.

Now I just need to figure how to do the home double tap and swipe up on a Harmony remote...... oh and teach my wife and kids to do it!!! [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, did it with the Apple remote. Double-clicked "home" (button looks like a TV), and swiped up on Emby. Next time I opened Emby, it took me to the login screen. Yeah! [emoji16]

Harmony Elite cannot replicate the "home" double-click. Booo! [emoji24]

Edit: Got "home" double-click to work by using the AppleTV Beta on Harmony which connects via Bluetooth vice IR. Now just need to figure out how to swipe up with the Harmony Elite. [emoji848]

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-apple-tv#appleTVBT

Edit 2: Victory! Pressing 'up' twice replicates the Apple remote's 'swipe up' gesture. Now, how do I train the wife and kids to double tap the Elite's "menu" button (mapped as Apple's "home" button), and press up twice each time they are done with Emby!? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Wilky13