Server Configuration Backup - Home Photos & Videos watched status

jnheinz
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

jnheinz

When I restored a backup created on Emby Server in Windows to an Emby Server on Linux, the watched status data for my users is there for movies & TV shows flawlessly.  I keep my soccer videos separate in a Home Photos & Videos library.  I noticed the watched status did not transfer.  What factors could be leading to this?  Is watched status tracked for this kind of library or should I be using a different type of library?

The issue is that the only way to track watched status for those items is by their unique system ID which is created based on their location (full path).  When you moved them, those locations changed and, thus, the IDs.  So we have no way to now relate that previous data to the new items.

For globally-identifiable items like movies and TV shows, we use a standard ID (like from tmdb) to store this information so that it can survive these types of moves.

• Like 1

jnheinz

The issue is that the only way to track watched status for those items is by their unique system ID which is created based on their location (full path).  When you moved them, those locations changed and, thus, the IDs.  So we have no way to now relate that previous data to the new items.

For globally-identifiable items like movies and TV shows, we use a standard ID (like from tmdb) to store this information so that it can survive these types of moves.

Thanks.

So, in Windows -- the library was pointing to \\10.0.0.XXX\soccer

In Linux -- the library is pointing to a SMB mount, /mnt/unraid_soccer , with an optional network share path of //10.0.0.XXX/soccer for clients wanting to direct play.

Is there any way I can get them to line up?

• Solution

Sorry, no.  It will be much easier for you to just go manually mark them.  You can use the web app and do them at folder level or use the multi-select tool.

• Like 2

jnheinz

Sorry, no.  It will be much easier for you to just go manually mark them.  You can use the web app and do them at folder level or use the multi-select tool.

What is the multi-select tool?