MediaBrowser.ApiClient and MediaPortal client progress

Armand

Good, would also be nice to use only the ItemQuery model for all the item related queries.

The problem with that is there will be a lot of additional params that are not supported by other calls which may cause confusion.

Ok, the first part of this is done.

A bunch of methods have been removed, the ones that accept the BaseItemDto object :

- GetGenreImageUrl

- GetStudioImageUrl

etc, etc. You can now pass the object directly into GetImageUrl and it will figure out which one to call based on the type.

This way you don't have to have a lot of code that looks like this:

- If Artist call GetArtistImageUrl

- If Genre call GetGenreImageUrl

etc. Of course, the methods that just accept the name of the item are still there, so if you want to do it that way, youc an.

Armand

btw i saw that the MediaBrowser.Model.net35.dll was renamed to MediaBrowser.Model.dll for the net35 package. (which is fine)

I didn't notice the change until i saw a fresh install fail because i tried to package the now non-existing net35.dll.

Also if this was mentioned already somewhere else on this forum i have not said anything :P

That was Scott. He didn't mean to blindside you, I think he's just not aware of your development. Scott uses ApiClient for windows phone. He also works at MS and knows a lot about how nuget and pcl's work, so I think the change was more of a best practice type of thing. I'll make sure he sees this so that future changes are coordinated.

ScottIsAFool
That was Scott. He didn't mean to blindside you, I think he's just not aware of your development. Scott uses ApiClient for windows phone. He also works at MS and knows a lot about how nuget and pcl's work, so I think the change was more of a best practice type of thing. I'll make sure he sees this so that future changes are coordinated.

My bad :) Sorry about that.

btw i saw that the MediaBrowser.Model.net35.dll was renamed to MediaBrowser.Model.dll for the net35 package. (which is fine)

I didn't notice the change until i saw a fresh install fail because i tried to package the now non-existing net35.dll.

Also if this was mentioned already somewhere else on this forum i have not said anything :P

That is going to blow up MBC as well...

Yea but not for existing users because they'll be on the last nuget package. You just have to fix the references the next time you pull it down.