Nextpvr webview then into emby

xyf

So im trying to get the m3u from nextpvr working in emby using the new pluginless way. I just cant seem to get something right. Now it doesnt work in the webview either so something broken with nextpvr. The error i get when i try to start a stream from my server 127.0.0.1:8866 is: Streaming Failed (transcoder exited) 

Anyone have any idea how to fix the transcoder ? im assuming i might need to install something

Its more so if anyone had any tips on something i might have missed to make nextpvr work first. Its not exactly an emby issue

arrbee99

Is it working in the NextPVR app. Kind of works for me, though some streams just stop after a while and kill the app (Windows says this app has stopped working, looking for a solution, etc). Despite which, some of the streams work in Emby using the direct, non-plugin method for me, though they also stop after a while as well.

Guess you have this...

59a5df2a20a01_EmbyNextPVRsetup.jpg

and this...

59a5df892bbb7_EmbyNextPVRsetup1.jpg

and did the guide...

59a5dfd65b89a_EmbyNextPVRsetup2.jpg

and you mapped the channels ? (and ran scheduled updates for the guide and whatever else you fancy, maybe restart the server...)

Its broken in the nextpvr webapp, when the stream tries to start it eventually gives up a transcoding error (within nextpvr). Im totally unsure where its broken within nextpvr, i thought perhaps i need to install some codec so it works in that interface correctly. 

Otherwise yes its setup how you have it. Im using matt's iptv channels as the main inputs but need the dvbt tuners just for the ones that are not in there (mainly prime/choice/hgtv)

arrbee99

Its broken in the nextpvr webapp, when the stream tries to start it eventually gives up a transcoding error (within nextpvr). Im totally unsure where its broken within nextpvr, i thought perhaps i need to install some codec so it works in that interface correctly. 

Otherwise yes its setup how you have it. Im using matt's iptv channels as the main inputs but need the dvbt tuners just for the ones that are not in there (mainly prime/choice/hgtv)

A while ago I reinstalled Windows 10 and couldn't get NPVR to play anything, eventually reinstalled the free Windows DVD player MS came up with instead of Windows Media Center. Don't know if that'll help with this though it did help with DVB-S stuff before I started playing with IPTV.

https://matthill.eu/tutorials/install-windows-10-dvd-player-free/

...I really need to get round to asking on NPVR's website as well.

hmm nope that hasent work, still get the transcoding error when i try to start a stream from within the nextpvr web interface. 

pir8radio

hmm nope that hasent work, still get the transcoding error when i try to start a stream from within the nextpvr web interface. 

Do you have proper decoders setup?

original.jpg

arrbee99

Not getting very far. In NPVR it either plays for a few minutes then kills the app, or it says 'unable to find available capture device. The remote server returned an error: (404) not found'. Hence the Emby problems as well.

Am using that Microsoft DTV thing.

Edited by arrbee99

Right its going using microsoft dtv codecs. I did a full removal of nextpvr and made sure i killed all the folders etc with it. Did a reinstall and its happy. I also did do @@arrbee99 suggestion too so not sure if that helped. 

Cheers all. 

arrbee99

Maybe I should try a reinstall as well, though I just updated to a later version of 4.0.4 and it didn't help. I posted on the NPVR forum so hopefully they might have the odd idea before I try that though...

xyf, decoder settings etc aren't a factor when you're trying to view via the NextPVR web app. This instead uses ffmpeg to do a transcode rather than using the decoders from the Settings->Decoders screen.

That said, Emby does not use the same type of transcoded stream that you're trying to view in the NextPVR web app - so this is a case of comparing apples and oranges. For a better comparison, giving you the same type of stream as Emby, run VLC and open http://127.0.0.1:8866/live?channel=12 (where 12 is a channel number)

arrbee99

FYI, tried the above suggestion playing one of the streams that stops and crashes after a while in NPVR and its happily playing at the moment in VLC and has been for 20ish minutes. Hopefully if it can be fixed in NPVR it'll be fine here too.

And my streams seem to work for one channel but not another. Ill give up for now, see if it sorts itself out over the next day with a restart.