TV Trailers - Show What a Series is About

Jambercob

Jambercob

TV Trailers available much like for Movies so users can watch TV Trailers to know what the series is about.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
MBSki

This is already supported.

Then I don't have something configured right or something is broken, because they aren't showing up. There is no Trailer option in my tv library. See attached. There are also no tv show trailers in the Trailer plug-in. Where am I supposed to find the tv trailers? 

post-290994-0-63303600-1577636113_thumb.jpg

We support showing them if you have them.

I know of no free source for this information at this time, however.

MBSki

I'm not following. So users have to manually download trailers? Thats not what the feature request is asking for. The feature request is a built in capability to discover new shows via trailers. So the request, both mine that was closed and this one isn't currently supported IMHO. Can you please re-open mine at least? Or do I need to submit a new one with a different description?

Also, trakt.tv doesn't allow free access to tv trailers? Or tvguide? Neither do? I can get free access, but are you saying they charge to use the API?

This request is still open but what is needed for it is a source for the items.

Things you get for "free" from a website are not free to consume in other ways.

MBSki

Ok, thanks. So I guess trakt.tv charges for their API. I'll hunt around and see if I can find anything free.

If all that's available require a fee, and I pay the fee, can I connect to that source just for my account so trailers show up in my tv library?

If all that's available require a fee, and I pay the fee, can I connect to that source just for my account so trailers show up in my tv library?

If that is possible and exactly how that would work would depend on the source.

MBSki

If that is possible and exactly how that would work would depend on the source.

Hmmm, ok, then can you explain what you mean by the response to the original post? "We support showing them if you have them". What exactly is supported? Manually downloading trailers and saving the trailer video in a tv show folder?