Very poor streaming quality

douglasg14b

douglasg14b

I'm getting very bad streaming quality from Emby in scenes that feature a lot of movement and individual objects. I have the transcoding setting set to highest quality (except for CRF which is 1 instead of 0, else nothing plays). My server's CPU usage is <5%, so that's not throttling the transcoding.

The quality only drops during fast scenes or scenes with a lot of detail, and the drop is significant enough to disrupt pretty much any movie or TV show. Movies with lots of on-screen details are nearly unwatchable.

How can I correct this?

Emby Streaming Screenshot:

59a30d2c52953_Screenshot_2.png

PLEX Streaming (default settings) Screenshot:

spX5QQw.png

Local Playback Screenshot:

59a30d8fb5b7c_Screenshot_3.png

My Transcoding settings:

59a30cc532f63_Screenshot_1.png

Emby Streaming Screenshot:

ffmpeg-transcode-cca60075-9132-4427-9b7a-4ce5f5339c28.txt

server-63639388800.txt

Edited by douglasg14b

douglasg14b

Hi there, we're very sorry to hear about this. In order for us to best help you, please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Hey Luke, I enabled debug logging and attached the two log files that were generated when I went to play the video. Thanks.

Edited by douglasg14b

Ok, we're making some adjustments. Please try again with the next release of Emby Server (with those server transcoding settings back at default). Thanks !

douglasg14b

Ok, we're making some adjustments. Please try again with the next release of Emby Server (with those server transcoding settings back at default). Thanks !

What kind of changes are necessary, or what was the problem? I feel those are important distinctions to make, less "ethereal".

Jdiesel

What is your Max Streaming Bitrate setting in your client? Is it set to Auto or a specific bitrate?

What kind of changes are necessary, or what was the problem? I feel those are important distinctions to make, less "ethereal".

Adjustments to keyframe spacing. This change will not be in the 3.2.30 release headed out today but will be in the following release, thanks.

douglasg14b

What is your Max Streaming Bitrate setting in your client? Is it set to Auto or a specific bitrate?

It's set to auto, but it's selecting the highest quality available (720p 10Mb/s). Selecting it manually makes no difference. Though the files bit rate is only 2.5Mb/s

douglasg14b

Adjustments to keyframe spacing. This change will not be in the 3.2.30 release headed out today but will be in the following release, thanks.

Thanks!