Flickering in full screen mode

mattykellyuk
Go to solution Solved by mattykellyuk,

mattykellyuk

Hi

I have a problem with Media Browser Theater version 3.0.5168.25066 (although I have seen the problem on and off for a while). When playing videos in full screen it plays with a flickering effect that isn't present when not in full screen mode.

Server log (if this is worth anything): https://www.dropbox.com/s/5c8g7ed0ywpdedu/server-63528945486.log

Thanks for your time and help

• 4 weeks later...
mattykellyuk

bump

I still have this problem and have had to move to MBC.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

dannieboiz

(although I have seen the problem on and off for a while).

Is it doing it in other video players as well or just MBT? what's the spec of your system?  MIght want to check your drivers, upgrade/downgrade to see if it makes a difference. 

Also, if you have an ATI GPU, go to catalyst control center and disable dynamic contrast. 

sbaeder@aol.com

What are the display settings?  Is it set to 30 Hz by some strang thing?  Looks like there was some flickering even before video played.

mattykellyuk

yeah the flickering happens during the video backdrop before the episode starts then also when playing the episode (or anything). No the setting is at 60hz.

A8HTPC

You have MadVr running? Maybe you played with some settings in MadVr?

Does your Panasonic TV support 24p? If so, set your resolution to 23hz and see if it goes away. 

• Like 1

mattykellyuk

I just change the Hz around and no difference. I don't no what madVr is, i have search the computer and it doesn't show up

• Solution
mattykellyuk

Ahh I did it!! I had to disable hardware acceleration in video setting. Will this just mean my computer has to use the cpu more and graphics less?

Thanks for all your time