Long before the end of the episode already changes to the next

drikosv8

drikosv8
One of my clients is complaining that during watching any episode of the series, shortly after half of the episode, jumps to the next episode.

please verify

Um dos meus clientes está reclamando que durante a exibição de qualquer episódio da série, pouco depois da metade do episódio, salta para o próximo episódio.

por favor verifique

Muito antes do final do episódio já muda para o próximo

bfir3

Sounds like the same issue that I have. What client are you using for playback? My issues are mainly in Chrome browser.

Here's the thread about this issue that's been ongoing for months now without a solution yet: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48347-streaming-sometimes-closesreopens-constantly/

For me, the issue only seems to occur when direct playing. I can reproduce the issue consistently for any file that I've experienced the issue on in the past. Some files seem to play fine without issue though. If I set the player to a lower bitrate to force transcoding, the problem goes away.

Also, when the issue occurs for you, does it mark the episode you were watching as "Watched" when skipping to the next episode, so that when you go back to the previous episode there is no resume data saved?

Edited by bfir3

Can you guys confirm that Emby thinks the content is fully watched when it skips to next episode or stops the movie? That is, the content you were watching is marked as watched.

Gaspar Filmes

another point I noticed is that when an episode begins, the part loaded with gray, before the end is near where it jumps, if that can have any relation. Also if I click the end past this mark loaded in gray, causing it to load the gray bar to the end and then it plays normally. It seems that he stops loading at this point when the episode begins and when he arrives at it, he sees that it is the end and he jumps. sry for my bad english. I attached a print of the moment bearing the new episode.

another point I noticed is that when an episode begins, the part loaded with gray, before the end is near where it jumps, if that can have any relation. Also if I click the end past this mark loaded in gray, causing it to load the gray bar to the end and then it plays normally. It seems that he stops loading at this point when the episode begins and when he arrives at it, he sees that it is the end and he jumps. sry for my bad english. I attached a print of the moment bearing the new episode.

There's nothing wrong there. That is only buffering progress. It will buffer more as your playback position gets closer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Viperhansa

One of my clients is complaining that during watching any episode of the series, shortly after half of the episode, jumps to the next episode.

please verify

Um dos meus clientes está reclamando que durante a exibição de qualquer episódio da série, pouco depois da metade do episódio, salta para o próximo episódio.

por favor verifique

Muito antes do final do episódio já muda para o próximo

yes I confirm! after he jumps to the next episode, he marks as seen and clears the saved state.

My log my log: https://pastebin.com/raw/DVxCEukD

I also can confirm this issue.

It happens with many media files, different *.extensions, on different clients. have tried both web browsers, IE,Chrome,firefox... and its the same in emby app on both ipad and android.

Running latest server on ReadyNas pro 6, os: 6.8.1

Regards

Hans