• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kitsune OFFLINE  

Kitsune

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 04:29 AM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:59 AM

I just tried installing Emby, and it overwrote my copy of media browser. Turns out the backups I had proved inadequate for a complete recovery. I was able to find most things, but am still having trouble with a couple plugins

I'm looking for the Pearl theme and Gametime plug in for 2.6.3.

If anyone still has those kicking around, I would be extremely grateful to be able to replace them!

#2 Kitsune OFFLINE  

Kitsune

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:08 AM

Okay, so I managed to get in contact with the creator of Pearl and have that sorted out, but am still looking for Gametime.

#3 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15165 posts
  • Local time: 10:29 AM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:58 AM

Why not stick with Emby?

It's far better than MB2 was and there is still a WMC client (Emby for Windows Media Center).

Or, you could try Emby Theater.

Just a thought.
  • ebr likes this

#4 Kitsune OFFLINE  

Kitsune

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:36 AM

Why not stick with Emby?

It's far better than MB2 was and there is still a WMC client (Emby for Windows Media Center).

Or, you could try Emby Theater.

Just a thought.

Well you see, that's the thing; I did try Emby and in particular the the WMC client.

I found it performed poorer in all regards that mattered to me.

My server is an Unraid, and I had upgraded it to the latest version so docker was working and I decided to look into Emby again. Got it installed with little hassle, setup, working. No issues server side.

For the client, I have a Windows 7 as my single HTPC. I don't stream offsite or to other devices, but I figured I'd look into the latest version, as I liked MB2 for many years. I didn't find much to like with the new. Emby was much slower to load, owing to have to constantly connect to the server whenever booted. I found it would lose layout settings randomly during troubleshooting. Lacked the integrated configuration options of MB2. It also notably lacked the ability to set entry points for customized menus in WMC.

As to switching to Emby Theater, I was going to do that also, along with the Win10 client on my new computer. Until I found both require Emby Premier.

The real deal breaker for me was I couldn't get Emby to play nice with ISOs. Now, I'm going to stop you before you even start; just don't waste your time and my time lecturing me on ISO being an outdated format. I have it for bluray rips. I use ISOs because I want access to the full content of the disc and unless I want to waste a lot of time pulling out and cataloguing features in addition to making multi-audio track and subtitled MKVs or MP4s, it was the best way I found. I've also been using it for years and have a pretty substantial library built up. I use Virtual CloneDrive for the mounting. It has absolutely no issues in MB2, no issues in Windows, but gave me absolute fits in Emby. Won't mount the paths correctly for love or money. Yes, I have read the threads here and elsewhere on the problems, yes I have tried other mounting tools and the batch files people have described, no I could not get it to work, yes it did piss me off substantially.

So after almost a week of fighting with the new system, I tossed it out the window and went with what I knew worked. And it does work. Very well. Loads to where I want it to faster, has zero issues playing what I want it to, and I can configure it the way I want.

I was perfectly willing to upgrade to Emby when I embarked on trying it out. I was even willing to continue after seeing how it functioned vs how I was used to MB2 working for the last 6+ years, but I was not willing to deal with any more headaches getting it to play nice with my HD content when its predecessor never gave me those issues.

I hope that answers your question.

Edited by Kitsune, 01 September 2017 - 01:39 AM.

#5 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15165 posts
  • Local time: 10:29 AM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:22 AM

Thanks for your feedback @Kitsune.

Perhaps @ebr or Luke (the 2 main Emby developers) can respond to your ISO questions/comments.

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128649 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 AM

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:37 AM

You can use your ISO's with Emby for WMC.

#7 Teddy OFFLINE  

Teddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • Local time: 11:29 AM
  • LocationMadrid (SPAIN)

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Well you see, that's the thing; I did try Emby and in particular the the WMC client.

I found it performed poorer in all regards that mattered to me.

My server is an Unraid, and I had upgraded it to the latest version so docker was working and I decided to look into Emby again. Got it installed with little hassle, setup, working. No issues server side.

For the client, I have a Windows 7 as my single HTPC. I don't stream offsite or to other devices, but I figured I'd look into the latest version, as I liked MB2 for many years. I didn't find much to like with the new. Emby was much slower to load, owing to have to constantly connect to the server whenever booted. I found it would lose layout settings randomly during troubleshooting. Lacked the integrated configuration options of MB2. It also notably lacked the ability to set entry points for customized menus in WMC.

As to switching to Emby Theater, I was going to do that also, along with the Win10 client on my new computer. Until I found both require Emby Premier.

The real deal breaker for me was I couldn't get Emby to play nice with ISOs. Now, I'm going to stop you before you even start; just don't waste your time and my time lecturing me on ISO being an outdated format. I have it for bluray rips. I use ISOs because I want access to the full content of the disc and unless I want to waste a lot of time pulling out and cataloguing features in addition to making multi-audio track and subtitled MKVs or MP4s, it was the best way I found. I've also been using it for years and have a pretty substantial library built up. I use Virtual CloneDrive for the mounting. It has absolutely no issues in MB2, no issues in Windows, but gave me absolute fits in Emby. Won't mount the paths correctly for love or money. Yes, I have read the threads here and elsewhere on the problems, yes I have tried other mounting tools and the batch files people have described, no I could not get it to work, yes it did piss me off substantially.

So after almost a week of fighting with the new system, I tossed it out the window and went with what I knew worked. And it does work. Very well. Loads to where I want it to faster, has zero issues playing what I want it to, and I can configure it the way I want.

I was perfectly willing to upgrade to Emby when I embarked on trying it out. I was even willing to continue after seeing how it functioned vs how I was used to MB2 working for the last 6+ years, but I was not willing to deal with any more headaches getting it to play nice with my HD content when its predecessor never gave me those issues.

I hope that answers your question.

I am using ISOs for years on Emby for WMC using it to mount CloneDrive and as a PowerDVD15 player with the WMC plugin and it works perfectly.

Later versions of PowerDVD are not useful because they do not incorporate WMC plugin.

Believe me, the change to Emby is abysmal in terms of benefits compared to Mediabrowser

Edited by Teddy, 02 September 2017 - 03:08 PM.

#8 skameykin22 OFFLINE  

skameykin22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationСанкт-Петербург

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:50 AM

Yes, this is the best option.

#9 Frank Drebin OFFLINE  

Frank Drebin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:01 AM

@Kitsune Here you go :) https://mega.nz/#!cP...hGb_XN8zLPNY-NM

• Kitsune likes this

#10 Kitsune OFFLINE  

Kitsune

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I just want to thank you very much for this! Greatly appreciated.

#11 Frank Drebin OFFLINE  

Frank Drebin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I just want to thank you very much for this! Greatly appreciated.

No problem my friend! If you want any help just ask! :)

#12 jachin99 OFFLINE  

jachin99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 AM

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:58 AM

You can find subdued on the description part of this youtube video

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MB2 plugin, legacy software, themes, mbc2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users