iOS Camera Upload

ZoMbiiE.home

ZoMbiiE.home

Just wondering how things were coming along in that area. Ive got family that wants me to start backing up theyre photos and archiving for them. They are willing to buy the app if it will work for this. Congrats by the way on the new app release. Been an Emby Premiere member for a while and have appreciated how often updates roll out. Keep up the good work guys!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
soupy14

It's still planned for the future. Thanks.

Sorry to keep bugging I assume know other info is available on when this might be implemented?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
oneduality

It's been two years worth of "still planned for future updates" .. I hate to be 'that guy" .. but any update? 

I'm aware of hurdles, you'd have to have the app backgrounded of course.. or only have it upload when the app is running.. I'm ok with either, or even the option to manually press a button to have it upload.

Seems this has been a feature request for a long time... I'm a lifetime premier member, it was another one of those features I was hoping existed since it said it was there.. 

• Like 3

It's been two years worth of "still planned for future updates" .. I hate to be 'that guy" .. but any update? 

I'm aware of hurdles, you'd have to have the app backgrounded of course.. or only have it upload when the app is running.. I'm ok with either, or even the option to manually press a button to have it upload.

Seems this has been a feature request for a long time... I'm a lifetime premier member, it was another one of those features I was hoping existed since it said it was there..

I am “that guy” and I am very unhappy with the fact that it was not in the last major update.

oneduality

I am “that guy” and I am very unhappy with the fact that it was not in the last major update.

Perhaps it's slated for the 2020 release =) .. or 2030.. 

It would certainly be something I could make use of

• Like 1

I apologize guys, we're going as fast as we can. We have been increasing our pace of iOS development quite a bit over the last several months. We will get to this feature.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

FWIW I am a new user who is about to jump into this market and is deciding between plexx and emby. I strongly prefer emby from a privacy perspective, but this lack of a camera upload feature is a deal-breaker for me.

Do you have any sense of when it might be implemented?

• 2 weeks later...
Hoochee

FWIW I am a new user who is about to jump into this market and is deciding between plexx and emby. I strongly prefer emby from a privacy perspective, but this lack of a camera upload feature is a deal-breaker for me.

@@tezz - as both a Plex and Emby user I can assure you the path you want is with Emby. You might think the lack of iOS camera upload support is a deal breaker but that's a relatively small part of the functionality (I said small, not insignificant). One significant difference you'll find with Emby is support - they actually reply to you and timely. Plex support (actual Plex "staff", or designated community experts) may or may not reply to you or it takes days. The folks here at Emby will reply to nearly every post. I write "nearly" because i have seen them suffer some users who might should have been told to sit down and be quiet. after multiple attempts to help those who won't help themselves or provide requested information. I haven't seen the same from Plex. The "choose Emby" list is long IMO.

Spaceboy

Choose emby but don’t expect iOS camera upload functionality in the near future and you won’t be disappointed

• 3 months later...

The next update to Emby for iOS will have the long awaited camera upload feature, which will allow you to upload photos and videos from your mobile device to your Emby Server. Thanks guys.

• Like 2