Music>AlbumArtist>Album view settings not shared at this level

d00zah

d00zah

EMC v3.0.310.0 / Server v3.2.28.0

Not a very good subject line, but let me attempt to explain... when I drill down to Music>AlbumArtist

& enter view of individual albums, I set the view to display a list assuming that this will affect (at the very least) all albums for this artist, but when I select the next album in the list, its view remains a coverflow display. I can change each individual album view & it will stick, but only affects that album.

post-10374-0-02248600-1503670510_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-35994900-1503670518_thumb.jpg

Same applies to Music>Artist>Album view.

Formerly, changing the view config at this level would carry thru to all albums. Is this expected/intended? Manually changing this setting for each of 1500+ albums will take some time.

TIA

Edited by d00zah

Personally I use WMC default mode to play music not with Emby but I have created a library with some interpreters and albums.

What d00zah says is true, the default mode is coverflow and if you want to see album in list mode, you have to do it for each album, this also happens always with movies too,

I have some folder with home video and I have to do it manually for Each folder if I want to see it in list mode. I think it's standard WMC for Emby behavior.
If it is necessary for me to do any further tests please tell me.

EMC/MB2 was never really optimized for music but I thought we had this default correct assuming the proper configuration.

Are you guys using legacy browsing?

d00zah

No, sir. 'Use Legacy Folder Browsing*' unchecked. View settings are 'global' at the AlbumArtist / Artist level, but not down 1 level from there.