Chromecast audio cutting out

lol

Hi folks,

Since a few days ago we've noticed the audio sometimes cuts out on our Chromecast.

I've done some testing and found the following:

• It only cuts out when transcoding and the audio is mapped to AAC, MP3 works fine.
  • It will cut out within the first few minutes. Usually between 1 and 3 minutes.
  • Stopping and restarting playback fixes the problem for a few more minutes until it cuts out again.
  • I've rolled back the server version to a time I knew it worked OK yet the problem remains.

Can anyone replicate this problem for me, just so I know I'm not going crazy?

Cheers,

• Like 1

axllent

I have the exact same issue. Not sure about which audio codecs are being used, but some media just plays a minute or so then the audio stops. Like you say, stopping and starting it again fixes it temporarily, but yeah.... really frustrating.

axllent

@@Luke No problem, I'll PM you a link to the relative ffmpeg-transcode and server log files.

It only happens when steaming to the chromecast - if I play directly on my phone there is no issue (though I don't believe it is transcoding to the phone as there is no transcode log created). @@lol - I can confirm this happens with aac.

rikiwi

@@Luke No problem, I'll PM you a link to the relative ffmpeg-transcode and server log files.

It only happens when steaming to the chromecast - if I play directly on my phone there is no issue (though I don't believe it is transcoding to the phone as there is no transcode log created). @@lol - I can confirm this happens with aac.

I posted this last week and meant to move it to a new post, but haven't had access to my PC. Same problem as above.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49488-Faulty-skip/progress-behaviour-when-Chromecasting-Recorded-TV

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Good to see I'm not the only one! Unfortunately the situation seems to have gotten worse today. We're having trouble playing anything to the chromecast.

I'll hopefully have some time later tonight to get some logs pulled off the server.

Hi folks.

So, any video with mp3 audio that gets transcoded to a Chromecast isn't playing at all for me.

Everything else, including direct streaming is working perfect.

Should be real easy to replicate and fix  :D

Cheers,

Hi folks.

So, any video with mp3 audio that gets transcoded to a Chromecast isn't playing at all for me.

Everything else, including direct streaming is working perfect.

Should be real easy to replicate and fix  :D

Cheers,

@@lol, can you please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue? thanks !

As of today with Server update - Version 3.2.30.7 beta

I have watched 4 different recorded TV episodes with no failures.

So it would appear my problems Cromecasting using the Android app are over. 

Thanks Luke. :)

Hi Luke,

Logs attached as per request.

I'm going to test with the latest beta. Will report back shortly.

Cheers,

EDIT: Everything's working great in the latest beta (.8) Deleted logs from post. Cheers Luke

Edited by lol