Green Screen Showing when playing 4k files on Xbox One S

Brian-Naja

Brian-Naja

Hello,

I am getting a green screen when playing a 4K video on my Xbox One S but the audio is fine. I have tested the same video on my iPhone 6S, MacBook Pro and a Windows 10 PC the video plays fine on those devices. I have also used the DLNA feature on the Xbox to play the video and that also played fine. It seems to me that the Emby Theater Xbox App is having the problem playing the video.

log.txt

Hi everyone, 

Tried to play all of my 4k content on my xbox but the audio is still playing??

Please can someone help, 

Thanks

Ash

I'm having the same issue and posted about it here the other day. Hopefully somebody looks into it.

Well it seems that the technical support is just as sh it as the actual product, 

I'm cancelling my subscription and RUNNING back to PLEX!   :D

dcook

If this is the same green screen I posted about in the Romu section months ago, looks like its effecting more than just Rokus.

And then didn't respond again until very recently so we're still looking into it.  You are the only one so far to report the issue and it is on a completely different app and hardware.

dcook

Yes I know, I was away, but you posted back on July 7th:

Thx.  This can be tested in the next beta of the official Roku app (3.0.35)

The app is now 3.0.41 and same issue, and Luke said you didn't make any change, so I am confused?

And if you read the whole thread, you see that this was a known issue, that was apparently resolved in the old Roku App before, Speechless even gave you info on what to fix for the new Roku App.

Edited by dcook

And if you read the whole thread, you see that this was a known issue, that was apparently resolved in the old Roku App before, Speechless even gave you info on what to fix for the new Roku App.

And that change was made in the Roku app in version .35 which is what I asked you to test.

If that did not solve the issue then Speechless' supposition may have been incorrect so we would need to look at a fresh set of logs for the issue.

In any case, this is a different app and different platform.  We should continue the Roku discussion in that thread and not this one.

Thanks.

dcook

Well its the same green screen from what I understand, so most likely the same issue?

I will get you server logs tonight when I am home

Well its the same green screen from what I understand, so most likely the same issue?

Since it is two completely different sets of technology playing the items (and different items as far as we know) I wouldn't make that assumption but it is possible they are related.  We should chase them down independently for now though.

CBers

Hi everyone,

Tried to play all of my 4k content on my xbox but the audio is still playing??

Please can someone help,

Thanks

Ash

I'm cancelling my subscription and RUNNING back to PLEX! :D

Before you run off, perhaps you can supply further information please.

See how here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Brian-Naja

Hello Everyone,

I am still having the same green screen problem playing 4k videos. I am playing them on my Xbox One S connected to a 4k tv.

I tested the same video on my iPhone, laptop using firefox, and I played it using the Xbox with emby's dlna and the video played fine.

The log is below.

Thank You for the help.

ffmpeg-directstream-95803e73-cf1c-4ce8-a94a-abd424c903ef.txt

Edited by Brian-Naja

• 1 month later...

@@Brian-Naja

@@Ash3000k

This is resolved for the next update to the app. We have been waiting on a fix from Microsoft and we've finally gotten it. You will need the Fall Creators update on your Xbox which was released a few days ago, so check and make sure that your system is up to date. 

Thanks !

@@CBers

@@FrostByte

@@Scott310

@@chef

@@Bert

@@Deathsquirrel

@@nomatches4mikey

@@Jdiesel

@@darkassassin07

An update to the Xbox app is rolling out. Microsoft has resolved a number of playback related issues in the Fall Creators update, and our new app update will take advantage of them. Make sure your Xbox One is fully up to date with all system updates.

Thanks !