How to "folder"?

bigeyez

bigeyez

​Hi

I added my media folder with mixed content. The server scanned and finished it all. I also enabled the "folders" in the dashboard. When I go through the "folders" window to access my content via folder structure, I see that not all folders are really folders. After couple folders down it shows all the videos in the folder which is like hundreds of media. THey are shown as  "episodes" (browsing via Folders) and they are normaly sitting inside other folders in that folder.

So my question is about how to really organize around folders to make sure I can  browse the folder hierarchy properly. As of now, whatever I tried did not work and after couple folders down in the hierarchy the idea of folder browsing breaksdown and Emby just shows everything in those folders recursively which is what I do not want.

I am thinking that this must be a bug because why is  showing "episodes" while I am browsing them through Folders.

thanks

Edited by bigeyez

What content type did you setup the emby library with? I would suggest home videos and that should give you what you want. Thanks.

bigeyez

​Hi

​I set them as mixed content because well there is mixed content in there. Basically every video is organized under folders. However some folders and its subfolder contents are just shown as episodes when I browse them via Folders or regular content link in the dashboard view, it does not seem to make much diff.

One thing that is curious to me (maybe it is a feature), all those folders whose contents are show as episodes have green circles with some numbers(assume they are number of videos in there). Those are the ones that are always shown as episodes regardless of browsing via folders or content link from the dashboard. If the folder does not show any green circle with numbers, the content is shown properly like proper foldders and contents in there.

​Basically I do not want any seasons, episodes, shows or such groupings. I do not do movies or tv shows. Some videos downloaded form youtube organized under folders really and that is how I would like to access them via Emby.

​I will try your recommendation though.

​thanks

Edited by bigeyez

Yes I would use home videos. The mixed content feature tries to auto detect and it is probably detecting those folders as tv series. It doesn't necessarily mean that something is wrong and needs to be fixed, it just means sometimes this can be hard to guess and it's better if you just tell us by picking the content type.

• Like 1

bigeyez

@@Luke

​Thanks for taking time to answer my issue. I think that it is going to work.  When I picked mixed content I assumed that it would not tried to guess since it was mixed content.