Multiple guide providers not working

echoxxzz

echoxxzz

I have two IPTV providers and each has their own EPGXML file. Although Emby seems to allow you configure multiple epg providers it only ever populates the guide using the first in the list. I've confirmed this because if I reverse the order that I enter them the guide follows the first epgxml provider. 

If someone can confirm that Emby can't actually use multiple guide providers I'll write a script to manually fetch the two guides and merge them into one xml file and run it as a cron job.

ewalkersc

I use multiple tuners and guide providers.  You can enable the guide per tuner and just match it to the correct provider.

echoxxzz
So I edited my two epgxml files.

In file #1 I removed all the guide data except for 1 channel. I did the same thing for the second epg file.

The first epg file had guide data for ABCSpark and the second file had guide data for BravoHD.

Added both epgxml files into emby with file1 followed by file2. 

In the guide only data for ABCSpark is showing up.

Went back and removed the xmlepg files and added them back this time with file2 followed by file1.

Now in the guide only data for BravoHD shows up.

So I manually merged both epgxml files and now the guide shows the data for both BravoHD and ABCSpark.

Clearly, on my Emby server it's only reading in the guide data for the first epgxml file in the list.

ewalkersc

So I edited my two epgxml files.
In file #1 I removed all the guide data except for 1 channel. I did the same thing for the second epg file.
The first epg file had guide data for ABCSpark and the second file had guide data for BravoHD.

Added both epgxml files into emby with file1 followed by file2. 
In the guide only data for ABCSpark is showing up.

Went back and removed the xmlepg files and added them back this time with file2 followed by file1.
Now in the guide only data for BravoHD shows up.

So I manually merged both epgxml files and now the guide shows the data for both BravoHD and ABCSpark.

Clearly, on my Emby server it's only reading in the guide data for the first epgxml file in the list.

I don't have it in front of me, but in the Emby interface you can choose to use a guide for all tuners or just certain ones.  You need to enable your guide file for only the matching tuner and not for all.

• Like 1

maegibbons

I don't have it in front of me, but in the Emby interface you can choose to use a guide for all tuners or just certain ones.  You need to enable your guide file for only the matching tuner and not for all.

Agreed.  This is a very important step when using Multiple guide sources.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

echoxxzz

Tried you suggestions to disable use guide on all tuners and applied guide to each specific tuner and it made no difference. Emby still only ever reads and processes the first xmlepg in the list.