Emby Server keeps my PC (Server) awake

heula

• 3 months later...
I have read right through this post with interest as for a few months I've experienced my server NOT going to sleep.

Today I decided to get to the bottom of the problem and have spent several hours going through forum posts looking for answers.

For me, I have tracked the problem down to 1 Scheduled Task setting.

Convert Media

I have deleted this task, as every time I set this with any combination my server refuses to go to sleep.

I have turned OFF Debug logging

and left Auto Port Mapper ON.

This has worked for me and may not work for others.

I'm on the latest beta of the server and my 10 year old server machine is running Windows 10 Pro 64bit  Version 1809.

I can wake the server from my android phone (latest beta android app) while on my home network.

I would love to be able to do this from outside my network too; so if anyone knows how to achieve this, please point me in the right direction.

I give this information to try and help others who are experiencing this problem.

Once again, thanks Luke and EBR for all your hard work.

The scheduled task by itself would not prevent sleep. Did you have conversion tasks that were going to run?

Once again, sorry Luke, after further testing I have realised that the server only sleeps after restarting it from the System Tray, therefore clearing any devices still showing on the Dashboard.

Sorry for the slow response, I had been testing for hours then was called away before I could delete my post.

I had no conversion tasks set.

I'll keep testing.

GhostRider

I have a similair problem. If I start my Emby server PC and do not connect any clients it will go to sleep. If I connect and play a movie via Emby Theater then shutdown the HTPC from within Emby Theater the Emby server PC never goes to sleep.

I have a similair problem. If I start my Emby server PC and do not connect any clients it will go to sleep. If I connect and play a movie via Emby Theater then shutdown the HTPC from within Emby Theater the Emby server PC never goes to sleep.

What version of Emby Theater?

GhostRider

What version of Emby Theater?

I am currently on version 3.5.2.0 (one version behind I know, but it did not seem to offer any reason for me to update to 3.5.3)

CharleyVarrick

I had this issue a while back, my server is on Win7, I have 2 android devices. The computer would go to sleep, but was unexplainably waking up a minute later

Ended up Googling "Win7 forced sleep" and found a way to create batch files; a sleep.bat and a wake.bat

They show up under computer/manage/scheduled tasks. Then its only a matter of setting a time for each.

Just some more info to describe what I'm doing at the moment to get my PC to sleep.

On my android phone I just Restart the server (using the app) - the PC goes to sleep at the designated time frame (1 minute for testing)

When I want to watch something on Emby I just Wake the server up.

When finished with Emby the PC stays awake until I restart it again.

This is just my work around and a while ago this was not happening.

Let me know if you need any logs.

Just some more info to describe what I'm doing at the moment to get my PC to sleep.

On my android phone I just Restart the server (using the app) - the PC goes to sleep at the designated time frame (1 minute for testing)

When I want to watch something on Emby I just Wake the server up.

When finished with Emby the PC stays awake until I restart it again.

This is just my work around and a while ago this was not happening.

Let me know if you need any logs.

So you're watching on the android mobile app, or are you just using it to wake the server?

So you're watching on the android mobile app, or are you just using it to wake the server?

A bit of both, but it's more of a convenience thing when I'm in a different room to where the server is. If I'm at the server then a quick right click on the tray icon and choose Restart server does the same thing.

Sorry for any confusion.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have swiped and chosen Sign Out, and the server PC still stays awake.
It will only sleep after I have re-started it and then watch nothing.

Also I notice that when watching (recorded TV) the PC keeps going to sleep, but after it has been re-started several times, it will continue playing successfully. - very strange.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I notice on my Dashboard, the Active Device always displays as:

Emby Server on PC
Emby Mobile 3.6.0.79

• 2 weeks later...
rikiwi

Sorry for the slow response Luke, but I've been away and of course I always set the server to Never sleep so I can access it remotely.

I have noticed now that the problem seems to be fixed, with my server going to sleep and waking up from either my phone or the server itself.

Great work - Thanks so much. :)

Edited by rikiwi