New Server, Old Client - Long Pause to Start

WhiteGuyTranslating

WhiteGuyTranslating

I installed a new server on my network and removed the old one. My living room HTPC Emby for WMC takes about two minutes to connect to the new server. Other devices connect almost immediately or at least a great deal faster than the older server. I am wondering if anyone has seen this after a complete upgrade to their system before?

I'll do logs and things like that but I'd like to see if anyone can give me a "delete the folder in users and your good to go" answer that I can try first. Read : I'm lazy.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Your old client is configured to connect to the old server's IP address.

Get connected with an admin account and then go set the advanced setting to "Find server automatically" and re-start.

WhiteGuyTranslating

Thanks! I'll give that a shot and post back with results. If it doesn't work, I'll try to get some logs and what not with my next reply.

That said, on another note, I have been interested in migrating to Emby Theater for the client on my HTPC but I am a little unsure of how best to configure (start up, remotes, Live TV, etc.). Would you know if someone has a guide for Emby Theater clients? I've seen some threads on subjects but not a step by step, here is what you install, here is how you make a .bat file and voila - the perfect HTPC ala Emby Theater.

If that's a task, I'm happy to do the work and make the guide, but again, I'm lazy; so an already built guide would be nice!

Thanks!