Emby and NFL Football ...

nyplayer

nyplayer

How does emby handle NFL Football ? Can you just say record all NEW NFL Games on say Channels 702 706 712 and 735 ??? or do you have to record each game individually ?

You probably will need to record each game however that is a great idea for a future update, thanks !

inzombyac

A short term win would be to expose the name of the teams (secondary program title) in the search results so you can find the games you want.  If this field was searchable that would be even better so that you can search for the team you want.

59a00aefdd706_Recording.png

• Like 2

dbowles1975

A short term win would be to expose the name of the teams (secondary program title) in the search results so you can find the games you want.  If this field was searchable that would be even better so that you can search for the team you want.

59a00aefdd706_Recording.png

I suggested this in feature requests and it was ignored. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49312-show-info-panel-for-live-tv-search-results/

Edited by dbowles1975

• 1 month later...
bungee91

+1, search needs to be expanded to search by more than just program title.

This would also open up the possibility of keyword search recording, as requested here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/37910-feature-request-keyword-wishlist-recording/&do=findComment&comment=496988

--

Edit: (Fuel to the fire) The SiliconDust DVR has this function now, I was able to record all NFL Football games for the Chicago Bears with a simple record series selection.

Edited by bungee91

• 3 months later...
speedingcheetah

This was actually something i wanted to make a a feature request as well....better Search results format in Emby for the Guide and live TV.  

I like how the HD Home Run View app does it. It has "Discover" page. U can search Everything, or Filter by Now, Shows, Movies, Sports. It searches Title and ep guide descriptions. When u click the show, it then shows a list of all the upcoming episodes of that show. U can set to record the entire series or pick any of the listed eps. It SO nice to have this list to see when new eps come on. 

(I also like how the HDHR App has the mini scroll Guide Sidebar so u can scroll through the guide while watching Live TV or a recording. In Emby, you have to back out of playback and then view the Gude. In WMC, u could view the Guide to and it scrank the playback window to a tiny box in the lower right of the screen.)

post-72185-0-90866300-1519581594_thumb.png

post-72185-0-41315300-1519581600_thumb.png

post-72185-0-66060800-1519581606_thumb.png

Edited by speedingcheetah

inzombyac

For those who still need this and have a Windows based server, NextPVR supports keyword recordings, so you can search for your team and setup a recurring recording.  I ended up using this instead since it supports the wake to record feature that is missing in Emby.

scanner50

For those who still need this and have a Windows based server, NextPVR supports keyword recordings, so you can search for your team and setup a recurring recording.  I ended up using this instead since it supports the wake to record feature that is missing in Emby.

Nice, so how do you use that feature in conjunction with Emby? Does the plugin support doing that?

• 2 weeks later...
inzombyac

Nice, so how do you use that feature in conjunction with Emby? Does the plugin support doing that?

Once you have NextPVR setup and the Emby plugin, you would go in the NextPVR client and setup your recording.  In the client go to the recordings section, click Keyword at the top to create a new keyword recording and plug in your team in the keyword fields.  You can then refine the other settings to restrict to channel, time of day, etc.  I was finding that I was getting more than just the games so I setup two versions:

1. Keyword = "[NFL Team] at"
  2. Keyword = "at [NFL Team]

This seems to limit the recordings to just the actual games.  This worked last season for all games and the post season.  You will need one for the super bowl as well.  There are more options that you can do with advanced rules: 

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Configuration.RecordingsAdvancedRules

Edited by inzombyac