Photo Server - meta data tag recognition / custom filter options / photo playlist

PackElend

PackElend

Hallo,

I'm new to emby, may you can help me before I start again the trail and error game in my endless search for proper DLNA photo server.

I run emby on my Synology NAS what has a so called photo station for photo management (inlc. some kind of meta data editing). I create some virtual albums out of my massive quantity of photos.

I would like to export them as playlist and present them on my telly. Exporting might be a dream but I want to create playlist depending on the meta data in photo files.

So my question, does emby read the meta data of photos and provides filter such as album or artist as for music files what could be used to filter the files. May even provide them as folders via DLNA, so I can watch only photos taken from a certain location or certain tags (like virtual album name) .

Hi, no, we don't currently do that. We rely on folder structure for photo albums.

Is this a common thing or is this something for your own personal setup? If this is a common convention then we could look into it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
PackElend

Hi,

I'm sorry for my late answer.

IMHO it's a common thing since opening Emby to the photo enthusiastics would attract more users.

The fundament is already laid since Emby supports meta data reading and manipulation. All what is needs is photo meta data support.

I haven't found any solution yet what can be configured from a server, means there isn't any need for a 3rd party app.

Only situation where you may need a desktop PC is, when you create a playlist, for the sake of convenience.