Skill Link does not work

kkhan

Keen to try the Alexa integration but on clicking the Link to the Alexa skill in the setup instructions, I just get my Alexa Home Page on Chrome.  Tried my phone which is what I normally use to control Alex: it gives me a page to Enable the Skill (does not mention Emby!); when I try to do that nothing happens. Reviewing My Skills confirms that the Emby Skill has not been installed.

Please advise. Thanks.

Angelblue05

Search for Emby in the Alexa app > skills

I will review the link, thanks for letting me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

Ah, I just realized you are located in Europe, right?

English UK is still in beta. PM me your amazon email and I'll add you to beta so you can use the skill until it's ready to be published.

• 5 months later...
jkballin

I am having trouble getting Alexa to communicate with my Emby server. I upgraded to premiere and went into my Alexa app to add the skill. I successfully linked the server to Alexa, but when I try to give Alexa commands for Emby, she tells me that they need to be linked! Any suggestions?

Angelblue05

I will check, @@jkballin

I assume US. I see your request. So, you went to the Alexa app. Clicked account linking > Identified correctly and what happened next? Did you receive an error message? Are you able to link account via your browser? I'm not sure why but it seems Alexa is not saving the access token to your account?

Try doing the account linking here: http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#cards

Keep me posted.

Edited by Angelblue05

• 3 weeks later...
jkballin

Thanks for getting back to me Angelblue05!

Yes, USA.

I was able to successfully link Emby to Alexa through the Alexa app. However, once linked, Alexa can't find a device for Emby. So I think the problem is that we don't have an Amazon-friendly device available to stream our media. We currently have ROKU devices on all our TV's, and according to Amazon Alexa support, that is why we can't connect. Does that make sense?

--Kathy

Angelblue05

No, the only unfriendly device is chromecast. The skill uses the server api to control your emby devices. If your device appears under Play to in the webclient, Alexa should see it to.

To test, open your browser, connect to your emby server via your external address, then upper right > Play to, do you see your Rokus (they need to be running first)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkballin

I was able to access emby by connecting via a Harmony Hub. Works slick! Thanks for you support. I absolutely love the emby app and am in the process of uploading my massive DVD collection (over 1,000).

Maybe you can answer a few other questions I have...

1. Why can't I access the movie trailers (for the movies I have uploaded) when I play them on my TV? I can see them on my PC app.

2. I converted some of my bluray movies by using Vudu (couldn't figure out another way to get them converted), however, the file must be too large for emby because it takes forever to get it to load and then it doesn't play correctly. I assume I am doing something wrong.

Thanks so much!

I don't think those questions are related to Alexa. Best thing to do is open a new topic for them. Thanks !

• Like 1

jkballin

Sorry...still learning the ropes! I will figure out how to open a new topic to address these questions. Thanks for getting back to me.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...