#21 drikosv8 OFFLINE  

drikosv8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Local time: 03:06 PM
  • LocationSão Paulo - Brazil

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

If you are going to be relying on Hardware acceleration there is no need for an i7 7700 CPU as the Pentium G4600 has the same HD 630 GPU at 1/3 of the cost.

The HD 630 GPU should do 10-15 simultaneous 1080p transcodes.

Multiple servers may be the cheapest option but be aware of the drawbacks of maintaining multiple servers. Also Linux is a good option if you are comfortable with it.

But can the i7 7700k also handle 10-15 transcodes in 720p?

Well, that would be enough for me.

Thanks for helping

Mas o i7 7700 também pode processar 10-15 transcodificações em 720p?

Bem, isso seria suficiente para mim.

Obrigado por ajudar

#22 Jdiesel OFFLINE  

Jdiesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2655 posts
  • Local time: 12:06 PM
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

Yes, the 10-15 1080p streams is likely the worst case scenario. Depending on other factors such as source material, requested resolution, and requested bitrate you will likely be able to do more than 15 streams. It is also worth noting that often media doesn't require a full transcode and can be "direct streamed”. This is much less resource intensive and you can expect many more streams.

There are many ways to achieve your end goal and you will get many opinions on how to do it. I personally would look for a used enterprise server and scale up from there if needed. But that is just my opinion. Good luck with your project.
  • drikosv8 likes this

#23 plexman OFFLINE  

plexman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Local time: 08:06 PM
  • LocationSpain

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:06 PM

As jdiesel said, you dont need an i7-7700, If I were you i'll go for an i3-7100 or i5-7600. It'll be enough. And you don't need the GTX again!

Choose linux as OS only if you know how to use it or if you want to learn. Otherwise choose Windows if you are more confortable with it. That's you election, I prefer Linux.
  • drikosv8 likes this

#24 drikosv8 OFFLINE  

drikosv8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Local time: 03:06 PM
  • LocationSão Paulo - Brazil

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

As jdiesel said, you dont need an i7-7700, If I were you i'll go for an i3-7100 or i5-7600. It'll be enough. And you don't need the GTX again!

Choose linux as OS only if you know how to use it or if you want to learn. Otherwise choose Windows if you are more confortable with it. That's you election, I prefer Linux.

Thank you friends

I'm very happy to know that I have 15 transcodes at 720p at the same time with this setting.

I already asked to delete the video card

I'm going to stick with Windows for now and I'm trying to learn from another linux machine.

You guys are really cool !!

Thank you all !!

Obrigado amigos

Estou muito feliz por saber que tenho 15 transcodificações a 720p ao mesmo tempo com esta configuração.

Eu já pedi para excluir a placa de vídeo

Eu vou ficar com o Windows por agora e estou tentando aprender com outra máquina linux.

Vocês são muito legais!

Obrigado a todos !!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users