Are there any YouTube plugins?

youessbee

chef

Does youtube have an Api?

With some of the new rules about CR, and we allowed to stream from youtube?

Should a channel plugin be scraping the information?

hstamas

I thought I would give the workaround @@Jamin316 suggested earlier in this thread a try but I cant for the life of me figure out how to actually access or play a podcast of any kind? Ive added the plugin, inputted a podcast URL but where the heck to you play it from? It doesn’t show up anywhere I can fine. It’s not listed under My Media and doing a scheduled task update doesn’t make it show up anywhere. Am I missing a step?

hstamas

That’s just it. No library is being produced. If I go to add a library after installing and populating the plug in with a podcast url I don’t have “podcast” as an option for the type of library to add. Is there a step I’m missing?

A library is being produced. Have you explored your user access permissions?

hstamas

Only one user (myself). I have full access to everything. I get a log to you if it helps.

hstamas

Log attached.

Part if my problem maybe is there doesn’t seem to be any instructions on how to set this up. If its not something that should be automatically popping up then I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be doing next after installing the plugin and adding a URL to the settings.

I see no “podcast” specific library anywhere and if I try to add a library of the type “audio book” etc. it just wants me to set up as usual, inputting a folder path etc.

embyserver.txt

hstamas

If the plugin was working correctly should I be seeing a new library auto generated in my list of libraries in the area attached?

I ask because as I mentioned in another thread where I’m having issues, when using the trailers plugin, shouldn’t that also auto generate a library? It does not for me. Might be related?

post-45887-0-73787800-1560714804_thumb.jpeg

Edited by hstamas

I have access to all libraries @@Luke.

How about this checkbox?  The Podcast (and Trailers) plug-in is an Internet "channel".

5d0798a36135e_channelaccess.png

chef

Also there is a scheduled tasks that is "refresh internet channels"

Make sure you run that after you build the configuration :)

hstamas

How about this checkbox?  The Podcast (and Trailers) plug-in is an Internet "channel".

5d0798a36135e_channelaccess.png

I dont have a check box like that. Only like the image I posted before thats for Library access. I think something is up with my system as Trailers plugin doesnt create a channel either. Am I looking at a fresh install?

@@chef I did make sure that scheduled task was run a couple times. No difference unfortunately 

Fabrice1973

I've still resolution problems with the podcasts on the android TV-Box. On the Webbrowser and on the mobile apps everything is fine.

Do you know why? I'm using Version 4.2.0.16 beta

Same issue on Android TV (Mi Box S)

Attaching the logs

deganza

Great! It's now working with the version 17 :-)

and it's suddendly not working anymore. I don't see any podcasts anymore.

Most likely issues with the source streams and you're looking to us for explanation.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
jpaull

It's a great idea, but unlikely to come from the core team as there are already youtube apps on every platform.  This would be a great plugin from a community contributor.

Good comment but we're loving to STAY in the Emby environment. Youtube is "just another source" but we know its a redirect. Thank you

• 4 months later...
On 6/27/2018 at 5:27 AM, Luke said:

It's a great idea, but unlikely to come from the core team as there are already youtube apps on every platform.  This would be a great plugin from a community contributor.

Not Every platform. Still no official Linux app. A great shame. What do you do if you want to watch YT on your TV and only have Linux-machines (including mobile phone)?
All the unofficial client's are very bad.

A good answer would be very much appreciated.

CHEERS

On my Linux computer I open a browser type in www.youtube.com and watch videos. :)
Linux isn't "the environment" for client use IMHO as it's lacking compared to PC, Android or Mac in this regard.

Better yet is to just use a device running iOS or what I'd prefer Android TV but even a Roku will do in a pinch. LOL
If you want to use Linux maybe consider running Kodi on it with an Emby plugin as well as youtube plugin.

It all depends on your needs but youtube access is pretty much par for the course on any platform worth considering for a home theater environment.

This I'm sure isn't the answer you're looking for but Emby doesn't develop or work on Youtube but just uses the native OS access to it.