Faster scroling?

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

I have a quite large library (over 2500 movies) and when I go to browse to find something to watch it can take quite a long time to get through say the first half. I may browse one day and want to start and the beginning and another day I may want to start at the end and still another somewhere in the middle. So I was wondering if there is any way to move quickly to a particular part of my library.

The "By Letter" option kind of works but it is a bit clumsy to use. What I would like is to be able to jump to say the first movie starting with "K" and the see my library displayed just as if I had scrolled there using the down arrow.

Thanks for any ideas.

A letter jump is planned for the grid but we just haven't gotten there yet.  For now, the by letter is the best you can do.

The repeat rate on the Roku remotes is very slow which makes scrolling very slow.

Gilgamesh_48

A letter jump is planned for the grid but we just haven't gotten there yet.  For now, the by letter is the best you can do.

The repeat rate on the Roku remotes is very slow which makes scrolling very slow.

Actually the repeat rate is not the bottleneck. When I press the down arrow it will actually scroll pretty quickly until it hits a row where the pictures are not filled in. At that point if I am on a movie that has its picture it will be a few seconds until the next set loads however if I happen to be on a blank position then nothing happens until I move back to a populated movie. Also when I hit a row with blank pictures if I do not release the down arrow nothing ever happens. That is the the missing data will not fill in as long as the down arrow is pressed.

The scrolling rate is fast enough as long as I do not hit a empty data row.

Also if would be helpful if in the full grid view the FF and RW keys could be used to jump a full scree up or down.