HDHR UK HD Channels No Longer Play

maegibbons

Luke - as far as this particular problem goes - what it looks like is that, when it is a real video file we see that it is interlaced and act accordingly.  But, with Live TV we don't seem to be seeing that the stream is interlaced.  Is it possible the probe that happens is not picking that up when it is a live stream?

Luke - as far as this particular problem goes - what it looks like is that, when it is a real video file we see that it is interlaced and act accordingly.  But, with Live TV we don't seem to be seeing that the stream is interlaced.  Is it possible the probe that happens is not picking that up when it is a live stream?

Whose example ffmpeg log can i look at? thanks.

CBers

Actually if you look at the log from your thread, what you're perceiving as an Emby bug looks like a failure due to an error response coming from the remote server. So it starts, fails, starts again, etc. I don't see anything in that topic for me to look into so as far as I can tell there isn't a problem. If you have new examples to show I'm happy to look at them.

It wasn't for you to look at Luke, but for @@maegibbons as reference to a similar issue in the past.

maegibbons

Whose example ffmpeg log can i look at? thanks.

All my posts have ffmpeg logs attached above.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

That was on a recording and multiple MKV files created issue, which is slightly different than when trying to view as an Active Recording or Live TV in the Android TV App.

The commonality is that they are all HD stream issues.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

That multiple small files bug still around then !!

Try turning off the Preserve original audio when converting recordings (when possible) option.

@@CBers

Actually on normal SD HDHR channels and IPTV channels I have been having good success recently with MKV conversion with both audio and video preserved.

I have just submitted an issue in Live TV forum about DVBSUBS steam not being copied in to the MKV.

However HD channels from the Homerun are proving tricky to either Record or watch as an Active Recording or even View with Seek enabled.

Have you tried watching an Active Recording of an HD Channel from HDHR?

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

maegibbons

Well @@ebr will need to explain more about what he is on about then!!.

I just watch and post logs when it doesnt work!!! :)

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

An Update.

If I take off the ticks Preserving audio and video in recording transcode THEN these HD channels DO record and can be watched as an Active Recording.

Obviously downside is very high CPU usage as it is full Transcode.

So would prefer a solution Preserving Video and Audio that can be both recorded and watched.

AND (referring to my other thread) that has the DVBSUBS stream in the mkv.

Krs

Mark

afullmark

An Update.

If I take off the ticks Preserving audio and video in recording transcode THEN these HD channels DO record and can be watched as an Active Recording.

Obviously downside is very high CPU usage as it is full Transcode.

So would prefer a solution Preserving Video and Audio that can be both recorded and watched.

AND (referring to my other thread) that has the DVBSUBS stream in the mkv.

Krs

Mark

How are you finding Live TV and DVR for the UK? You're not too far from me (Leicester). Plex is awful from Live TV and DVR if you live in the UK. No DVB subtitles recorded and playback of recordings is a bit of a mess as UK broadcasts can change framerate and audio (2.0 to 5.1, when going from one show to a movie, for example) and plex doesn't handle this; koi does though. I really just want one app for everything and was hoping Emby could replace Plex in this matter.  

mini__me

I think it's fair to say Emby is currently in a transitional state with UK HDHomeRuns and functionality. They used to work great but due to some recent feature changes, as you can see from this thread, there are some issues.

However I'm sure that @@ebr and @@Luke will resolve these issues shortly and provide enhanced functionality and greater usability than was previously available to clients.

CBers

@@CBers

Have you tried watching an Active Recording of an HD Channel from HDHR?

Yes. Seems to work, but I assume it's playing from the actual recording, rather than converting the current recording, as I have no ffmpeg logs etc.

No way to cancel an active recording, unless you go into the TV GUIDE.

In the log in the original post it is also detected as interlaced.

Right the ffmpeg log detects it as interlaced but notice the app is not requesting that it be de-interlaced.  That suggests to me that the profile process did not detect it as interlaced at that time.  The exact same stream as a video file works properly but not when it is a live stream.

maegibbons

I think it's fair to say Emby is currently in a transitional state with UK HDHomeRuns and functionality. They used to work great but due to some recent feature changes, as you can see from this thread, there are some issues.

However I'm sure that @@ebr and @@Luke will resolve these issues shortly and provide enhanced functionality and greater usability than was previously available to clients.

i would go as fara as to say that with SD Channels on HDHR's Emby is pretty flawless at the moment.

Records very well and plays very well.

its just the HD channels that re proving Tricky.

Well done Emby!!!

Krs

Mark

mini__me

i would go as fara as to say that with SD Channels on HDHR's Emby is pretty flawless at the moment.

Records very well and plays very well.

its just the HD channels that re proving Tricky.

Well done Emby!!!

Krs

Mark

Yes you are right with SD I would agree, problem being that I will always pick the HD version of a channel over the SD version :)

Nathanio

Just thought that I'd add that I'm struggling to play live HD TV thru the FireTV app. I can play all day long on theatre, webapp or mobile app bit the stream never starts with the HD channels.

Can play SD channels back just fine.

Both recording qnd playback of recorded HD TV is flawless for me.

maegibbons

Both recording qnd playback of recorded HD TV is flawless for me.

Do you transcode on record or keep as .ts?  If you transcode what "keep" options have you?

Krs

Mark

Nathanio

Do you transcode on record or keep as .ts? If you transcode what "keep" options have you?

Krs

Mark

I don't have either ticked. Otherwise I get the multiple file thing

maegibbons

I don't have either ticked. Otherwise I get the multiple file thing

Yes - thats my current config and you are right HD tv records perfectly at the expense of high CPU usage for the full transcode. 

@@ebr can we get Live HD TV working from the HDHR's?

Krs

Mark

Nathanio

Yes - thats my current config and you are right HD tv records perfectly at the expense of high CPU usage for the full transcode.

@@ebr can we get Live HD TV working from the HDHR's?

Krs

Mark

Not so much of a worry for me tbh. I've got a Core i5 to crunch through it happily.

Is there still an issue here? Let's get this resolved. If I understand correctly, we think the failure is due to deinterlacing not being applied, right?