Problem with DVD copies

Lonald

Guest asrequested

i wonder if we could feed mpv the video_ts folder instead.

That's what I was thinking. But I have an update. The lack of audio is a general playback glitch. It does it, regardless. If you manually change track during playback, the audio then plays. And everything else plays, correctly. That is to say that the trailer plays, then the movie plays directly after it. I am testing with the test build, I may add. I'll run it with the release, and see what happens.

UPDATE:

Without the trailers folder It does play, but it takes a minute to start. In the test build, it starts almost instantly. With the trailers folder there, well, the circle is still spinning...wait...it finally started. So, a couple of things. 

1. It takes a long time to start

2. The trailer doesn't play, it goes to the movie

3. The audio plays, correctly

Edited by Doofus

Good day,

I always delete the "AUDIO_TS" folder, many times it case problem with some players.

My best

Mopar_Mudder

i wonder if mpv gets confused by the contents due to the backups and trailers folders, and then as a result doesn't know how to play it.

I got rid of the Trailer and Backdrop folders then re scanned the library. It did actually play this time but it was just a spinning circle for 2 minutes before it started.

Other thing I see is that the Dash Board says it is transcoding, and I wouldn't think it should be.

Edited by Mopar_Mudder

Guest asrequested

It probably doesn't have direct access, so it needs to transcode. That's why I asked if you used the network location.

Mopar_Mudder

It probably doesn't have direct access, so it needs to transcode. That's why I asked if you used the network location.

Not sure what you mean by network location, but BluRay plays fine and does not transcode.

Mopar_Mudder

Is this what you are talking about. I guess I don't understand how else you would get movies to show up in the library, if it wasn't filled in you would not have a library?

5a5536987c4a9_Library.png

Guest asrequested

Ok, so you used the network folder. That's good. Can you post the transcode log? Also, you can try the test build, and see what results you get. If you go to the first post in this thread, you can download it

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46763-theater-mpv-test/page-133&do=findComment&comment=529438

Edited by Doofus

If it transcodes then it's only expiremental, so you want to configure library setup to avoid transcoding at all.

@ didn't we at some point see something about dvd deprecated in mpv? in which case an external player would be needed now if that's true.

Mopar_Mudder

Ok, so you used the network folder. That's good. Can you post the transcode log? Also, you can try the test build, and see what results you get. If you go to the first post in this thread, you can download it

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46763-theater-mpv-test/page-133&do=findComment&comment=529438

Here is the transcode log, not sure when I can get at trying the test build.

Trans Log.txt

Ok but this is an mpg file, this isn't a dvd folder rip. Are we talking about the same thing here?

Mopar_Mudder

Ok but this is an mpg file, this isn't a dvd folder rip. Are we talking about the same thing here?

Sorry that was the wrong log, forgot I played something after that. This should be the right one.

Trans Log.txt

ok, based on this log it looks like the player may have had an error when first trying to direct play, and then as a result it automatically switched to transcoding.

We may need to verify that mpv still actually supports dvd folder rips, and if not, then an external player will be needed. Thanks.

Mopar_Mudder

Ok, let me know what you find out.

Or better yet tell me how to batch convert all my DVD folder rips, LOL.

Guest asrequested

They play very well (apart from the audio glitch) in the test build.

I don't recall DVD being depricated. I'll take a look, later.

Thanks @. Actually if i had to guess, I bet theater doesn't have access to those network folders therefore it's unable to direct play.

• 3 years later...
rbknox

So this topic kind of just ended.  Why were the ripped DVDs not playing?  Was this ever resolved?

I just setup Emby.  I have WMC movies, some Blu-ray rips and some DVD rips.  They're all in folders on one share.   I setup a Movies library.   I have Emby Theater on Windows 10.  I can play Blu-rays and WMC files no problem.  But DVDs just sit there with the big circle in the middle of the screen.   When I try to play the DVDs from the Server Web app, they play fine.  I do not believe I have any share permission problems - all under same user id.  Plus all movie types all under same share.  I have used \\Server\folder convention and added the same in optional Share folder entry.   It seems I have the same problem as being discussed here ...

7 hours ago, rbknox said:

So this topic kind of just ended.  Why were the ripped DVDs not playing?  Was this ever resolved?

I just setup Emby.  I have WMC movies, some Blu-ray rips and some DVD rips.  They're all in folders on one share.   I setup a Movies library.   I have Emby Theater on Windows 10.  I can play Blu-rays and WMC files no problem.  But DVDs just sit there with the big circle in the middle of the screen.   When I try to play the DVDs from the Server Web app, they play fine.  I do not believe I have any share permission problems - all under same user id.  Plus all movie types all under same share.  I have used \\Server\folder convention and added the same in optional Share folder entry.   It seems I have the same problem as being discussed here ...

Hi, you may want to setup an external player for dvd folders.