Music: Artist / Album Artist Inconsistencies?

kenifyable
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

kenifyable

Gday Team Emby! :)

I have an issue with Emby not displaying contributing artists within' the album view:

Under an artist, the contributing artists are displayed correctly with all artists involved within' the track, but within' the album view, there's no mention of contributing artists.

Sidenote: Same result in playback. Just the album artist showing - and even when there's multiple album artists, only one is showing.

ARTIST VIEW:

zCGvfZu.jpg

ALBUM VIEW:

30GQuun.png

PLAYBACK VIEW:

2257bUS.png

//Kenifyable

Hi, they are displayed in album view, but only when the artists for a song differs from the album artist of the album.

In other words, if they're all the same, I don't believe it's necessary to repeat the same artist name under each song when it's already at the top of the album view.

59988082b5a10_Untitled.png

kenifyable

Hi, they are displayed in album view, but only when the artists for a song differs from the album artist of the album.

In other words, if they're all the same, I don't believe it's necessary to repeat the same artist name under each song when it's already at the top of the album view.

59988082b5a10_Untitled.png

True true, but it's not mentioning James Blunt in my example though.

But then again, why is it displaying everything under the artists view?

Related tags:

TwXb3dy.png

Edited by kenifyable

• Solution

The artist screen is different from the album screen. There's no album artist to compare to so that's why we show them all.

Yes i can see the now playing bar is only showing the first artist so that's something we can update for the next release, thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...