Invalid Objects Showing in Album Artist View

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

My Album artist view in dashboards shows invalid objects, namely, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s.

I know they are invalid in MB3 terms as they have no content when viewed in dashboard (and a full scan has successfully completed)

They are also invalid because MP3TAG confirms there is no such albumartist.

in library explorer, using 60s as an example

{
    "IsAccessedByName": false,
    "Tags": [
        "indie",
        "indie rock",
        "ska",
        "alternative",
        "rock"
    ],
    "ProductionLocations": [

],
    "IsFolder": true,
    "ContainingFolderPath": "\\\\Q6600\\Music\\Compilations\\Decades\\60s",
    "IsOwnedItem": false,
    "ThemeSongIds": [

],
    "ThemeVideoIds": [

],
    "IsPhysicalRoot": false,
    "IsRoot": false,
    "LinkedChildren": [

],
    "ImageInfos": [
        {
            "Path": "\\\\Q6600\\Music\\Compilations\\Decades\\60s\\Folder.jpg",
            "Type": "Primary",
            "DateModified": "2008-12-29T17:05:26.0000000Z"
        },
        {
            "Path": "\\\\Q6600\\Music\\Compilations\\Decades\\60s\\backdrop.jpg",
            "Type": "Backdrop",
            "DateModified": "2014-02-24T15:58:50.1945572Z"
        }
    ],
    "IsInMixedFolder": false,
    "Name": "60s",
    "Id": "836b0a534e6699041ad35bd324efac16",
    "Path": "\\\\Q6600\\Music\\Compilations\\Decades\\60s",
    "SupportsLocalMetadata": true,
    "DateCreated": "2013-03-07T21:12:49.0000000Z",
    "DateModified": "2014-02-24T16:46:52.9704425Z",
    "DateLastSaved": "2014-02-24T15:58:50.1955572Z",
    "DontFetchMeta": false,
    "LockedFields": [

],
    "PremiereDate": "2003-01-01T00:00:00.0000000Z",
    "DisplayMediaType": "MusicArtist",
    "Overview": "\n                    The Dead 60s formed in Liverpool, United Kingdom in 2003, they comprised of Matt McManamon (Vocals, Guitar), Ben Gordon (Guitar, Organ), Charlie Turner (Bass Guitar), Bryan Johnson (Drums).  Named after the saying 'Dead 60s sounding' from Liverpool.  Their name was a two fingers up to the usual happy pop tunes that originate there.  Their sound was an eclectic mixture of punk rock, large meoldies and reggae bass lines. They had been compared with <a href=\"http://www.last.fm/music/The+Clash\" class=\"bbcode_artist\">The Clash</a> and <a href=\"http://www.last.fm/music/The+Specials\" class=\"bbcode_artist\">The Specials</a>, with influences also including <a href=\"http://www.last.fm/music/King+Tubby\" class=\"bbcode_artist\">King Tubby</a>. \n\n        <a href=\"http://www.last.fm/music/The+Dead+60s\">Read more about The Dead 60s on Last.fm</a>.\n    \n    \nUser-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.\n    ",
    "People": [

],
    "Studios": [

],
    "Genres": [
        "The 60s",
        "Rock"
    ],
    "ProductionYear": 2003,
    "ProviderIds": {
        "Musicbrainz": "87ebbe67-3910-4521-a418-4fe53eb912b7",
        "MusicBrainzArtist": "87ebbe67-3910-4521-a418-4fe53eb912b7"
    }
}

note my version is Version 3.0.5168.16132, but the issue is not new.

Note at some point mb3 created an artist.xml in the folder and matched to an mbz artist id. i since deleted the xml and rescanned.

I guess mb3 is confused my by folder structure for compilations, maybe i need to ask for a feature request so i can put a .ignore file in my folder structure for music folders which neither represent artists or albums and are just organisational folders on the filesystem. Possibly mb3 is further confounded by the fact that these organisational folders have folder.jpgs in them.

thank you.

ginjaninja

yes it would seem that all organisational filesytem folders within the music library path, which contain 'albums' are being shown in the dashboard's album artists view..

ginjaninja

.ignore in organisational folder removes spurious entry from album artists in dashboard but also the albums in  subfolders....would a .ignoreonlythisfolderandnotsubfolders be a reasonable feature request? 

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

@@Luke

Version 3.0.5171.19958

the issue does not just pertain to organisational folders, something more fundamental has changed

eg i have folder

W:\MUSIC\Smiths, The\[album folders by band 'The Smiths']\Tracks.mp3    ( Which always used to suit MB3)

All tracks are tagged with the correct artist/album artist ie 'The Smiths'.

but now, the album artist 'Smiths, The' shows in dashboard under 'album artists' and not 'The Smiths'.

and there is no album sub content to the object 'Smiths, The'.

so the same/similar issue is affecting not only organisational folders without albums immediately within but also all artists stored in filesystem folders as 'AlbumArtist, The'

Screenshot%202014-03-02%2013.26.04.png

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

just noticed if i access through  dashboard ->album artists 'Smiths, The' takes me 

http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/itembynamedetails.html?musicartist=Smiths%2C+The&context=music

with no content

if i access via dashboard ->artists, 'the smiths' takes me to 

http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/itembynamedetails.html?musicartist=The+Smiths&context=music

with the album content.

• 4 months later...
ginjaninja

Invalid objects in music library fixed in dashboard in latest version...android client still shows invalid objects strangly.