Emby Theater Will Not Play Videos

Dizzy49
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Dizzy49

I have a Windows 7 machine, fully updated, running on an i3-3225 with 4GB of Ram, and HD Graphic 4000.  I'm been using Kodi for years and never had issues with anything except some of my most recent 4K files that are ~30GB for 90min of video.

I am trying to switch to Emby and get rid of Kodi.

Per my previous post, Emby Theater Won't Load on Windows 7 Machine, I had some issues loading Emby, but a change to "app.disableHardwareAcceleration();" allows me to load Emby and browse, but I cannot play any videos.

Dizzy49

I see the player, and I get audio, but no video.  All I see is the background for the video.

What settings did you customize in the app?

Is Windows 7 fully up to date?

Are your graphics drivers fully up to date?

Guest asrequested

So the UI is functional, but when playing, you only get audio and a black screen? What happens if you switch between full screen and windowed? What GPU do you have?

Dizzy49

I do not believe that I have customized anything in the app.  I just installed it and tried to run it.

I checked again and I missed a MS Essentials update for Aug, but that's it.  I installed it.

Usually I get driver updates via Windows Update, but I checked Intel, and they had v15.33.45.46.53 for the Intel 4000 Graphics driver.  I installed it.

What settings did you customize in the app?

Is Windows 7 fully up to date?

Are your graphics drivers fully up to date?

That is correct, the UI is functional.  I can navigate around just fine, the only issue is when I actually try to play something.

It's not a black screen, it's the series background that I see.  I minimized and maximized again and I get s funky looking screen.  See screenshots.

I have the Intel HD 4000 that comes on the i3-3255.

So the UI is functional, but when playing, you only get audio and a black screen? What happens if you switch between full screen and windowed? What GPU do you have?

When it plays, this is what I see.  The player UI does not go away.  If I drag the mouse along the bar you can see it leaves little images.

post-72758-0-07905800-1503115158_thumb.jpg

When I minimize and maximize again, this is what I get

post-72758-0-85608100-1503115158_thumb.jpg

Dizzy49

That was it, the damn Aero.  I had it disabled for years b/c Kodi didn't need it and it freed up resources.