Ultra Pure Emby Theater Skin

chef

arrbee99

Collections started getting a bit upset now, going to black screen and hence Task Manager.

chef

Collections started getting a bit upset now, going to black screen and hence Task Manager.

Uh oh, that's not good. I'll check it out now.

Guest asrequested

I mentioned this, earlier. Multiple libraries that I have just get a black screen. I was able to highlight some text when it happens.

599906cd9fbe6_Snapshot_130.jpg

Guest asrequested

Also, because of the issue with overlapping, when I click on the user icon, I actually click on the library, and get a blank screen.

599907ae97277_Snapshot_131.jpg

chef

I can't reproduce this black screen.

But it could be because I'm using tv.emby.media and not the theater program.

I'm going to test it on my little black win 10 box

Edited by chef

chef

It works on the Home Screen tiles for Live TV and even scrolling over to the right on the "Latest Recordings" and "On Now" items. It's not really that noticeable (to me at least) when the page is filled with posters for movies or TV Shows when drilling down from the Home Screen to that level. I do see the shadow more now that you pointed it out. To be honest I didn't really notice that before you mentioned it. :)

I did just notice when playing with it again that the tiles and posters do move a little bit when first moving over them so that does help. This is on my laptop, I haven't played with it much on the big screen using Theater on my HTPC. I will play with that a little later tonight or tomorrow.

This makes sense to me. I have two ideas here.

We dim the unselected images, then brighten them to bring attention to the item.

Or we bring back the focus frame in the movie library.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

It just stopped working, nothing is coming up... And now I can't get back to the default. I have to do a clean install to be able to use Theater :(

5999e2518b72e_Snapshot_132.jpg

Edited by Doofus

PrincessClevage

It just stopped working, nothing is coming up... And now I can't get back to the default. I have to do a clean install to be able to use Theater :(

5999e2518b72e_Snapshot_132.jpg

Maybe someone can point you to configure file and adjust to default skin there?

Guest asrequested

Maybe someone can point you to configure file and adjust to default skin there?

It's fine. I mess with Theater, a lot. Reinstalling is a common practice, for me lol.

But this was specific to the skin. Theater was working just fine, until I tested the skin, again. Once chef takes a look, I'll try it, again.

chef

@

Sorry guys! I broke the skin this afternoon because I had to rewrite a good portion of JavaScript and HTML to try and breakup the header.

My bad!

You'll notice that views are not clickable by mouse right now.

It is working again, but I may have to break it again later tonight to finish the 'backButton' code.

Can someone tell me if they are having issues with alignments of the headers (user image and the clock to be specific).

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

arrbee99

Seems fine to me. Only have 10 header items so they finish nicely in the space provided. Not sure what happens if you have more and there is (or isn't) any overlapping.

Guest asrequested

Can someone tell me if they are having issues with alignments of the headers (user image and the clock to be specific).

Yup!

599a11802bc3f_Snapshot_133.jpg

Guest asrequested

Also, when scrolling past the first ten...well, you can see what I'm referring to.

599a131568631_Snapshot_134.jpg

I made a GIF, but the detail is lost. Here it is, anyway.

599a138bd0645_Capture_3.gif

• Like 1

chef

I'm really trying to fix that.

I'm going to have the main header hide itself again.

That is the only way to fix it.

Guest asrequested

Here's what I've always wanted. The header to scroll independently from the rest of the page. So when I put the cursor on it, I can roll the scroll wheel to move it side to side. And as you've put it level with the clock, how about making it disappear right before the clock, rather than go off the side of the page? Then you won't have worry about overlapping or hiding it. I think that would be cool as well as functional.

Something like this. And when you scroll, obviously the libraries would appear, as if by magic :)

599a4c6480083_Snapshot_139.jpg

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

chef

Here's what I've always wanted. The header to scroll independently from the rest of the page. So when I put the cursor on it, I can roll the scroll wheel to move it side to side. And as you've put it level with the clock, how about making it disappear right before the clock, rather than go off the side of the page? Then you won't have worry about overlapping or hiding it. I think that would be cool as well as functional.

Something like this. And when you scroll, obviously the libraries would appear, as if by magic :)

599a4c6480083_Snapshot_139.jpg

Okay, I like his idea.

I just have to think about how to scroll the views.

Few things I think it would be a good idea that the library selection always has a line so you know you are in that library. I can't see All Movies. The text for watch it now and latest movies I would have the text either much darker or lighter not sure which one would be better than trying it out.

In live tv posters are huge.

I would also suggest to reduce the duration of animation it just seems to take too long. 

I also notice that I ask were am I as the selection does not stand out. I think it should grow more in size. 

In the tv guide the gridlines are just too big not sure can you control that. 

This grey version looks much better. 

Keep up the great work. 

599a641087bc0_Capture.png

chef

Today's objectives:

- dim unselected posters

- shorten animations

- enlarge grow size of selected posters

- fix padding for different screen sizes (tv, mobile, desktop etc.)

- add scroll line to library views

- switch actors images on details with scene selections (selecting scenes are more important then who is in the movie).

- fix padding on details screen (push actors images/scenes down - treat details like a landing page)

- fix text on details page. Paragraphing.

- fix media info on details landing page (disappeared??)

- starting testing userView scrolling options.

Edited by chef

chef

Sorry but you all might need to reload the theme.

Url is the same, but the name has been changed which acts like a new plugin.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Still working on view scrolling.

chef

sorry @@Luke

where does 'showUserMenu' function live please.

I would like access to it in the home.js.

the rerquireJS module doesn't seem to like it when I add './../'plugin', plugin.

The clock I get, but not the user Icon click event.

Edited by chef

chef

sorry @@Luke

where does 'showUserMenu' function live please.

the rerquireJS module doesn't seem to like it when I add './../'plugin', plugin.

@@Luke!

dude check this out!

setTimeout(function(){ 
             var headerUserButton = document.querySelector('.headerUserButton');
                 headerUserButton.addEventListener('click', function () {
                 self.showUserMenu();
            });

}, 3000);
Otherwise the UserButton hasn't loaded into DOM yet, and trows an error! That's a cool trick, right?

But this only allows the button to be pressed once because if you choose 'home' from the user menu the page refreshes without any click events from the plugin.js.

Edited by chef

chef

what is your objective?

Thank you for the reply @@Luke

I need to show the Overlay page which has 'home' ,'settings' etc.

I'm slowly rebuilding my own custom header.

I'm looking to add a specific button to the home screen (home.js) which opens the user menu.

I suppose I could look through the entire repo, like I did to find cardBuilder, but I though I'd ask first :)

Edited by chef