chef

chef

1. Open Emby Theater

2. Settings

3. Installed Plugins

4.Install Plugin from Url

5. https://chefbennyj1.github.io/theater-black/package.json

6. Display

7. Choose Theater-black (which will be called Ultra Pure soon)

Join the conversation in the comments here.

599c6c58455a7_ex.png

599f2d0bada43_movies.png

599f2d2bd0228_music.png

Edited by chef
  • Like 5

chef

Background is now white.

Gradient values may need tweeking.

Feedback is welcome.

Text color needs tending to.

PrincessClevage

Good to see some skins finally starting.

My observations are:

Top headings are overlapping other icons

93206841613e7f47a273c970d370b1e0.jpg

Tv episode title overlapping some details

e5f09f120a292228f31094ee7e808d9f.jpg

Live Tv view has large folder for recordings and doesn't scale well with rest of view

03214092458ff5941dce02b2019c5e2a.jpg

Very large folder view does not fit nice with all plugins (Blurn)

dd56141cc042cef505adf06f6b423d1c.jpg

Or live tv recording view

819ccb02f0b5ac92a04faa34121fd432.jpg

All movie view scrolls horizontal and suggestions view is mixed up

6eda04295b5d376d4f52c4da1eac8353.jpg

Finally theme is called black but it's actually a white theme, brother or a mother:-?

All in all good to see, I can only assume that skinning for ET is no easy task as this is the first attempt I have seen ( quite possible I might of missed other tho)

chef

Wow! So many libraries!

You're good!

So the userViews need to have set width and have overflow hidden.

Holly macaroni!

Also the details page name needs to have a set width and over flow hidden on the item name.

I knew about suggestion tab being overlapped.

The tab may be absolutely positioned to its parent... So that is next!

Blurn seems to be using a strange compilation of recently added classes and also trying to get two rows out of the class!

That might take me a bit to figure out!

Thank you @@PrincessClevage

It'll be a busy weekend!

Edited by chef

arrbee99

For me on the Home screen non of the headers (Movies, TV, etc) do anything when clicked. Can click on movie posters on that page though, and on settings, close, etc.

Edit - Display Mode is set to Auto. Windows 10 PC, same machine as server.

Edited by arrbee99

chef

For me on the Home screen non of the headers (Movies, TV, etc) do anything when clicked. Can click on movie posters on that page though, and on settings, close, etc.

strange I have attached the click event to those headers.

How are you initiating the click event?

Keyboard/ remote?

arrbee99

My OCD is going off the deep end with this Home Page wide space / narrow space thing...

5997a4f9ae01a_EmbyUltraPure1.jpg

and thing get a bit weird when you scroll all the way to the right

5997a537c2a66_EmbyUltraPure2.jpg

• Like 1

chef

Edit - Display Mode is set to Auto. Windows 10 PC, same machine as server.

I fixed this :) they re clickable with a mouse now

arrbee99

I fixed this :) they re clickable with a mouse now

Thanks very much. Should perhaps point out the back arrow, top left corner isn't clickable yet, and seems to be invisible on a movie details page.

When I move from windowed mode too full screen in Movies > All, the movie poster icons get bigger, but not I think as big, relatively, as they were when windowed, so I get more icons on screen when in full screen than windowed, but also quite a bit of light grey at the bottom. Personally think it would be better to make the posters bigger instead of trying to fit more in.

• Like 1

Are there layout changes planned or is this just about colors?

We should try and get our terminology straight. We call this a skin. A skin can have lots of different color themes - like for instance how the web app has color themes now. The default skin of Emby Theater will soon have those same selections.

arrbee99

Actually, was looking at Movies, which you've made horizontal, and TV which is vertical (for now), and depending on your plans, was thinking it would be nice if the horizontal could be made to look like vertical, which has nice sizes for posters and spacing, but just move horizontally, if you see what I mean (not that you have to agree of course).

Also like how on the individual movie info screen it just has the Cast and Crew heading at the bottom but nothing visible below that till you scroll down i.e. no tops of boxes showing. Not sure if that's new or not.

Guest asrequested

Several of my libraries just opens to a black screen and you have to force close.

Scrolling with a scroll wheel, is a bit jerky

Edited by Doofus

arrbee99

And just noticed that sentence at time thing for the Movie description. Nice. If poss you might want to change how it works with single letters though. for American Sniper it goes -

U.

S.

Navy Seal Chris Kyle.....

jasonmcroy

Overall I am really liking this skin @@chef! It's nice to see something like this being done. I don't generally use my HTPC anymore since I got the Nvidia Shield for the Living Room and Bedroom, but I use Emby Theater on my laptop.

One issue that I am seeing is that when scrolling around (in any area - Movies, TV Shows, etc.) there is nothing to indicate what is highlighted. I can't tell, for example, what Movie is selectable while scrolling around as there is no border or anything around the video that is able to be selected. I hope that makes sense.

I otherwise really like the look so far.

chef

And just noticed that sentence at time thing for the Movie description. Nice. If poss you might want to change how it works with single letters though. for American Sniper it goes -

U.

S.

Navy Seal Chris Kyle.....

Thanks for noticing that, I was wondering if anyone would realize it was doing that.

I'll try to fix that, I noticed it too, but how I am separating the paragraph into sentences is a little tricky.

I'll add some more JavaScript code to ignore strings that are only 2 characters long, and see if that helps.

I think I fixed the spacing problems on the home screen.

chef

Overall I am really liking this skin @@chef! It's nice to see something like this being done. I don't generally use my HTPC anymore since I got the Nvidia Shield for the Living Room and Bedroom, but I use Emby Theater on my laptop.

One issue that I am seeing is that when scrolling around (in any area - Movies, TV Shows, etc.) there is nothing to indicate what is highlighted. I can't tell, for example, what Movie is selectable while scrolling around as there is no border or anything around the video that is able to be selected. I hope that makes sense.

I otherwise really like the look so far.

Yes, this was something I wasn't sure about doing.

The focus frame helps with a ten foot UI.

I did have the active tile animated / floating on the screen when active, however it wasn't as well received as I thought it would be. So it was removed.

Does the shadow on the selected tile not help at all?

Edited by chef

arrbee99

Thanks for noticing that, I was wondering if anyone would realize it was doing that.

I'll try to fix that, I noticed it too, but how I am separating the paragraph into sentences is a little tricky.

I'll add some more JavaScript code to ignore strings that are only 2 characters long, and see if that helps.

I think I fixed the spacing problems on the home screen.

Sounds good (unless there's an intro somewhere that starts -

Mrs.

Doubtfire

or

Miss.

Peregrine

- only guessing. Can't anticipate everything.

Spacing is much better thanks. Not sure you adjusted the size of the posters, but under Collections, the row of two posters are huge and don't fit vertically anymore (no idea if they're related).

Also, the Cast & Crew thing now shows the tops of people heads underneath whereas they were hidden before. Would be nice if they could stay hidden. Obviously its not just up to me though  :)

jasonmcroy

Yes, this was something I wasn't sure about doing.

The focus frame helps with a ten foot UI.

I did have the active tile animated / floating on the screen when active, however it wasn't as well received as I thought it would be. So it was removed.

Does the shadow on the selected tile not help at all?

It works on the Home Screen tiles for Live TV and even scrolling over to the right on the "Latest Recordings" and "On Now" items. It's not really that noticeable (to me at least) when the page is filled with posters for movies or TV Shows when drilling down from the Home Screen to that level. I do see the shadow more now that you pointed it out. To be honest I didn't really notice that before you mentioned it.  :)

I did just notice when playing with it again that the tiles and posters do move a little bit when first moving over them so that does help. This is on my laptop, I haven't played with it much on the big screen using Theater on my HTPC. I will play with that a little later tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1

LiquidFX

Im just going to start with the movies tab on a few things I have noticed:

• "watch it now" tile, I dont know how many people actually use this. I have never seen that and been like "I need to watch that movie", could be taken out for more space
  • I would increase the focus tile a bit more
  • the section titles need to be a different color, they dont really stand out
  • Like 1

arrbee99

Im just going to start with the movies tab on a few things I have noticed:

• "watch it now" tile, I dont know how many people actually use this. I have never seen that and been like "I need to watch that movie", could be taken out for more space
  • I would increase the focus tile a bit more
  • the section titles need to be a different color, they dont really stand out

Personally quite like the Watch It Now tile. Think you're correct in that I don't particularly use it as a 'that's a good idea I think I will' concept, but its a nice visual look at me focus doodah as otherwise it'll turn into too much of a rows and rows and columns and columns of stuff thing.