Watched status not syncing anymore

linds1234

linds1234

Hi All,

Anyone else having this problem?

On the server end the watched status is up to date, the Kodi clients are updating the movie/show additions all OK. The watched status though is no longer syncing.

I'm on Kodi 16.1/LibreElec.Latest emby server on OMV/Debian.

Thanks guys

Overseer

If I watch something in Kodi the watch status gets updated in both Kodi and Emby server.  If I watch something on Emby MediaCenter the watch status gets updated on Emby server but is not updated on the Kodi front-end.

Emby Server v3.2.27

Kodi for Windows 10 v17.4

Emby add-on v2.3.49

Angelblue05

Check your websocket access. The url was changed in the add-on to: wss://{server}/embywebsocket?api={key}&device={deviceid}

Edited by Angelblue05

linds1234

No longer syncing in which direction?

Hi @@Luke, client syncs to server OK after something has been watched. But watched status won't sync back to other clients.

Check your websocket access. The url was changed to: wss://{server}/embywebsocket?api={key}&device={deviceid}

Also, please update add-on version, the latest is 2.3.50

Where can I find this URL to modify it? On the Emby add-on on Kodi I can't see it there, can't find it on the Emby Server either. I'm obviously looking in the wrong places.

I'm running 2.3.49 (looks like the stable Kodi emby add-ons repository isn't updated yet).

Hi @@Luke, client syncs to server OK after something has been watched. But watched status won't sync back to other clients.

Where can I find this URL to modify it? On the Emby add-on on Kodi I can't see it there, can't find it on the Emby Server either. I'm obviously looking in the wrong places.

I'm running 2.3.49 (looks like the stable Kodi emby add-ons repository isn't updated yet).

What clients? Just kodi clients?

linds1234

What clients? Just kodi clients?

2 x Kodi client's and 1 x web client. All 3 will report the watched status correctly back to the server, but the kodi clients won't reflect this on their next sync.

Angelblue05

@@Overseer Sorry my bad, it 2.3.49. :)

@@linds1234

Those type of udpates come from the server websocket, so make sure the add-on is able to access it.

@@Luke the /embywebsocket is available for all platforms, right?

Edited by Angelblue05

linds1234

@@linds1234

Those type of udpates come from the websocket, so make sure the add-on is able to access it.

Where can I find the wss://  URL to modify it?

Angelblue05

What are you talking about? What is your server setup? What is your server platform? You should not need to do anything, it should just work. Unless you are using a reverse proxy or something? Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

linds1234

What are you talking about? What is your server setup? What is your server platform? You should not need to do anything, it should just work. Unless you are using a reverse proxy or something?

This is why I'm perplexed, it should just work.

Server is OMV 2.x, running Emby through the plugin-in v3.2.27. I haven't changed anything else that I know of, problem started I *think* with 3.2.27 (or .26).

No reverse proxy that I know of..

Edited by linds1234
  • Like 1

linds1234

@@Luke @@Angelblue05

On both Kodi devices I have now:

- reset local Kodi DB

- generated a new ID

- given each a unique name

The watched status is now working perfectly...

No idea what happened. Thanks for looking into it though much appreciated.

Edited by linds1234

sualfred

I guess your last database reset was a long long time ago?

There was a bug with the Kodi uniqueID field in the past, which caused issues like that. This has been fixed since a while, but required a DB reset to get correct uniqueIDs and sync results again.

Angelblue05

There was a bug with the Kodi uniqueID field in the past, which caused issues like that. This has been fixed since a while, but required a DB reset to get correct uniqueIDs and sync results again.

This change would not effect this. 

sualfred

This change would not effect this.

Ah, yes. My fault. The watched stated isn't stored in the sub-tables.

Edited by sualfred

mireki1975

HI,

i have reseted the DB and generated new ID but it still does not sync the state

state is on emby server but does not sync to the clients when starting up

i think i have this issue till the last update

please help

Angelblue05

HI,

i have reseted the DB and generated new ID but it still does not sync the state

state is on emby server but does not sync to the clients when starting up

i think i have this issue till the last update

please help

Please provide your Kodi log. Try marking something as watched in the webclient, waiting a few seconds, then grabbing the kodi log. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linds1234

I spoke too soon. Watched state is no longer syncing :/

I'll post logs shortly.

Angelblue05

@@mireki1975 all I see if a music video update, those do not have a watch status in Kodi, can you provide a new test with either a movie or an episode instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linds1234

@@Angelblue05 , Comparing the Emby logs of both @@mireki1975 and mine, I've noticed we have these errors in common:

Snippet from @@mireki1975

2017-08-20 11:33:57.5844 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.178.80. Time: 21ms. http://192.168.178.3:8096/emby/Users/3bfe962ebe55452ca54bc26a6dc8104b/PlayedItems/158428fa48fafea3931baba4a8c38234?DatePlayed=20170820113357 
2017-08-20 11:33:58.0862 Info App: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue: Starting User Changes Sync...
2017-08-20 11:33:58.0928 Debug App: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue:  Starting to save items for 3bfe962e-be55-452c-a54b-c26a6dc8104b
2017-08-20 11:33:58.0994 Error App: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue: An Error Has Occurred in UserUpdateTimerCallback: One or more errors occurred.
2017-08-20 11:33:58.1071 Error App: One or more errors occurred.
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.27.0
	Command line: /Applications/Emby.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MonoBundle/Emby.Server.Mac.exe /Applications/Emby.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MonoBundle/Emby.Server.Mac.exe /Applications/Emby.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MonoBundle/Emby.Server.Mac.exe
	Operating system: Unix 16.7.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Mono: 4.8.1 (mono-4.8.0-branch/22a39d7)
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /Users/reppmic/.config/emby-server
	Application directory: /Applications/Emby.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MonoBundle
	System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000194
	  at System.Linq.Lookup`2[TKey,TElement].Create[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] keySelector, System.Func`2[T,TResult] elementSelector, System.Collections.Generic.IEqualityComparer`1[T] comparer) [0x0004d] in <2392cff65f724abaaed9de072f62bc4a>:0 

Does this help?

Edited by linds1234