Question about Guest accounts

SofaPilot

SofaPilot

New guest user doesn't appear on users page

I created a new guest user that doesn't show up on the users page. This user also can access my entire library.  :huh:  How do I remove that invisible user?  (I'll call the invisible user "Phantom.")

New, invisible guest user is acting like an administrator

It got stranger when I then tried setting up another test user (I'll call "Test2") to try to reproduce the problem. I invited the Test2 user to my server, but this time a "pending invitation" tile appeared on my user page as expected.

However, the invitation email that Test2 received said that "Phantom" "has invited you to share their media collection through Emby!" That's not right. "Phantom" didn't make the invitation. I don't even know Phantom's emby connect password. 

How do I delete users and revoke administrator rights?

How do I determine what users have access to my server so I can remove some of them if they don't appear on the users page? 

Ack! This reminds me of the time my wife asked me which bra I liked on the maidenform.com site, and I clicked "like" on a leopard print bra thinking it meant "save favorite", only to have Facebook post my selection to all of my Facebook friends. Embarrassing!  :o   

Similarly, my "Phantom" friend currently has access to all of my home videos and surveillance cameras.   :unsure:

Edited by SofaPilot

Guest users are created by inviting someone, so when you created that first guest user, who did you invite?

SofaPilot

I invited "Phantom" originally, but I didn't see a pending invite.

Regardless, I resolved my problem. I still don't know why I didn't see a pending invite originally, but somewhere along the line after that, I tried also adding and deleting a "Phantom" local user and somehow made the major blunder of adding "Phantom" as an Emby Connect user to a different local user -- one of my admin accounts. Doh!  

Sorry. Now I just need a "delete post" button.

• Like 1