Anyone have a Grafana setup they'd like to share?

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

Starting to get into it and was curious since there's nothing in their official plugins page.

mastrmind11

Have you figured out a way to configure it to split out emby as its own app?  Be default its grouped w/ everything else.  I can figure it out I'm sure, but though I'd save myself the trouble if you had it done already.  

btw, sweet app.  I've got it on all my linux hardware now.  Thanks for the heads up.

Jdiesel

Have you figured out a way to configure it to split out emby as its own app? Be default its grouped w/ everything else. I can figure it out I'm sure, but though I'd save myself the trouble if you had it done already.

btw, sweet app. I've got it on all my linux hardware now. Thanks for the heads up.

Are you running Emby as its own user? I can't remember if I filtered Emby by user or systemd

mastrmind11

Are you running Emby as its own user? I can't remember if I filtered Emby by user or systemd

No emby is running as me.  No worries, I can figure it out, just figured I'd ask.  

• 4 weeks later...
mastrmind11

BTW, since I'm a data nerd, I added Prometheus and Grafana to the mix.  I've set up Prometheus to access Netdata's API every 10 seconds (configurable) and persist everything, and I added Grafana to make the data pretty.  Now I have historical netdata data.  I just started playing with it, but it's actually way easier than I anticipated.  Here's my first crack, took me about 10 mins:

post-142479-0-27563000-1505503030_thumb.png

Edited by mastrmind11

mastrmind11

I could never get Prometheus setup and working and gave up on it. What do you think of it?

It's just a time series data store for me, so it seems to be doing a good job. It's definitely lacking if you want to do any pretty graphing, but that's what grafana is for. TBH the process to get Prometheus talking to netdata was literally 2 edits to the Prometheus conf file and starting it. Grafana supports Prometheus out of the box, so that was literally picking it from a data source drop-down and entering the server info. Nice thing is it stores all netdata data, so you can just pick and choose what you want to show on the dashboard. Give it another go. If you need help lemme know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
plittlefield

I am resurrecting this post... I use Grafana for my servers and internet usage :-)

For Emby server, I have a simple metric running from InfluxDB with the current number of 'NowPlaying' sessions... it has a single stat and time series chart - so I can glance and see how many people are watching from Emby right now and over the last 24 hours.

Has anyone put together anything more detailed for Grafana?

I'd like to use the TABLE visualisation to show who and what they are watching...

Cheers,

Paully

• 1 year later...
plittlefield

Yeah, I’ve got a nice setup going.

I’m at work right now but can give you details later.

There’s also a thread by me if you search my profile.

Spaceboy

yeah i need to get back on grafana at some point. had a good setup on a pi but the sd card corrupted and it went to poop.

nice work

• Like 1