Where is the 3.2.27.0 update for Synology?

Opera_of_Death
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Opera_of_Death

Hi!

I just wounder why my Synology NAS can't see the 3.2.27.0 update in the Package Center?

Hasn't it been released yet for that platform? I wounder because when I'm in the Control-panel for the Emby server it says that the 3.2.27.0 update is ready to download. But when I go to my NAS and open the package center it says that 3.2.26.0 is the latest. I have tried with refreshing the package center and restarting the server and even shut it down but there are no update.

So if the update for Synology NAS is out please tell me what to do.

If not please fix so that it only show that there is an update when there really is one out for the platform.

Thanks anyway for a great media service!!!

• Solution

Yes you're right, it's just not available yet and the update notification is generic and not platform-specific. Thanks.

• Like 2

Opera_of_Death

Nice of you to clarify what I was thinking. I will wait for the release of the Synology version of the update then :)

I have seen in other posts that it may make the server run a little faster. That would be nice because my NAS isn't the fastest around :)

Thanks again for the fast answer and a nice media service. I'm a happy Premiere user ;)

Thanks for the feedback. We are in process of unifying our build for all of our platforms and once that is complete everything will always be immediately available. Until then your patience is appreciated in regards to the current update system. Thanks.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Am I correct that the 3.2.26.0 is still the latest available for Synology?
Just because
3.2.29 has just been released 10 minutes ago. Thanks.

Edited by G1zm0

Opera_of_Death

Hi,

Am I correct that the 3.2.26.0 is still the latest available for Synology?

Just because 3.2.29 has just been released 10 minutes ago. Thanks.

Yes they haven't released it yet for other than Windows I think.

I hoped they would release new versions to all servers at the same time.

But as I understand it they work on Windows first and then release to other platforms after they know they work on those.

It is immediately available for windows, linux and mac. Some of the NAS deployments tend to run a little behind but we are working on a new build system to reconcile that. Thanks.

Burrito78

Thanks for the update Luke!

19 days waiting for 3.2.27+ to be released is no fun. But i see that you are planning to change the release process so things will be better/instant in the future.

Just switched over to Synology NAS DS416j from running on Win10 (running on Windows since Meda Browser).  Looking forward to seeing how this operates on the NAS. :-)