Windows 10 updates affect next pvr

Rumbaar
Go to solution Solved by emveepee,

Rumbaar

I've not had Live TV for a while, but never really looked into it.

Live TV work perfect from the NPVR software.  So I tried to check if the connection was working and I get the following error when accessing via localhost:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[HttpException (0x80004005): The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.SetUpCodegenDirectory(CompilationSection compilationSection) +714
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +206

[HttpException (0x80004005): The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +555
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +90
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +449

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.2103.2

What would be the best course of action to fix this, as this appears to be the reason why EMBY cannot find the tuners or populate the guide.

Using ver 3.0.6378.33055 of the EMBY plugin and ver 3.2.26.0 of EMBY

Cheers,

@@Rumbaar best to check with the NextPVR people. It's when you access the localhost NextPVR software I suppose?

Because you don't get this in Emby normally...

If you get this in Emby. Can you put a log online?

• Like 1

• Solution
emveepee

As previously posted on this forum https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/28117-fix-if-you-cant-see-recorded-tv-after-win-10-1511-nov-update/ and the NextPVR forum, after a major Windows update temporary .NET files may change permissions causing the web server to fail. I feel the easiest solution is to rerun the installer.

Martin

• Like 1

Rumbaar

Sorry I had Google searched, but unrelated answers, didn't search here.  Thanks emveepee that did the trick!

vaise

Hi,

This keeps happening, it will happen after every major windows 10 update, as MS delete the folder each time.

Im hoping my post to fix this should stay at the top of this thread - or it will at least be back there after I update each time and have to re-do it - and update the post again to it goes to the top.  No need to re-run installer - just create a folder - what could be easier :

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/28117-fix-if-you-cant-see-recorded-tv-after-win-10-1511-nov-update/

V.