Status on official LG app

jhs

No, you should be able to connect. Are you sure that device can reach the server?

Yes, both are on the same network, along with the Emby server.

I've registered the app through one time code and can see the Emby server. When I choose the server I am getting message that it cannot connect to the server. On OLED model same thing, just it connects and it works nicely.

DiskEmby

Hello,

I have a 2018 model LG which supports the following

Audio Decoder

EAC3, HE-AAC, AAC, MP2, MP3, PCM, DTS, DTS-HD, DTS Express, WMA, apt-X, ADPCM, LPCM, MPEG-1, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby AC-4

Virtual Surround

Dolby Atmos®

My question is can you have the emby app to support Atmos? Also I have a big movies collection and it’s very slow trying to scroll through them which is painful.

I find the app very limited on features like holiday themes like the android app and the look looks very old when starting up the app.

Thanks

Gordon

Hello,

I have a 2018 model LG which supports the following

Audio Decoder

EAC3, HE-AAC, AAC, MP2, MP3, PCM, DTS, DTS-HD, DTS Express, WMA, apt-X, ADPCM, LPCM, MPEG-1, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby AC-4

Virtual Surround

Dolby Atmos®

My question is can you have the emby app to support Atmos? Also I have a big movies collection and it’s very slow trying to scroll through them which is painful.

I find the app very limited on features like holiday themes like the android app and the look looks very old when starting up the app.

Thanks

Gordon

Hi, please refer to this thread.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65062-trouble-playing-dolby-true-hd/page-1

Basically it is possible but only in DD+ audio container, not in TrueHD.

DiskEmby

Thank you for the information, yes I can see that Emby and Plex stream TrueHD with Atmos from WebOS but Xplay is directplay which is odd to me.

So, I have gone back to Nividia Shield TV which plays TrueHD with Atmos and Atmos logo comes up on the TV.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

New user. Have LG TV webos 2.2.1-2144 

Emby app 1.0.9

Issue when playing TV series I have subtitles showing even when the tv settings are off and Emby app settings are off.

Any ideas on why this happens as i can't find a way to turn off the subtitles and now the wife wants to go back to Plex.....

New user. Have LG TV webos 2.2.1-2144 

Emby app 1.0.9

Issue when playing TV series I have subtitles showing even when the tv settings are off and Emby app settings are off.

Any ideas on why this happens as i can't find a way to turn off the subtitles and now the wife wants to go back to Plex.....

Is this with mkv?

Yea it's a WebOS defect affecting WebOS 1.X and 2.X. The LG video player will always display embedded subtitles in mkv and there's no way for us to turn them off.

We can look into resolving this by stripping the subtitles out with server transcoding. Thanks.

majorsl

Any word yet on the latest release? Last I saw you were waiting for them, still in a holding pattern? Did you have to fix something they didn't like and resubmit, etc? Just curious, I'm waiting on a few of the fixes mentioned.

• Like 1

Yea it's a WebOS defect affecting WebOS 1.X and 2.X. The LG video player will always display embedded subtitles in mkv and there's no way for us to turn them off.

We can look into resolving this by stripping the subtitles out with server transcoding. Thanks.

Now just started happening with MP4 files, been fine before.

Now just started happening with MP4 files, been fine before.

Maybe after the 4.0.2.0 emby server update?

Because I think that something that didn't happen before it does now: the player freezes the video image, but not the audio, when fast-forward or jump time with the magic remote pointer. At the same time, the subtitles totally lost they sync with the video and you have to start the video from the beginning.

Maybe a server bug and not a LG app problem?

Best wishes

Any word yet on the latest release? Last I saw you were waiting for them, still in a holding pattern? Did you have to fix something they didn't like and resubmit, etc? Just curious, I'm waiting on a few of the fixes mentioned.

It is in LG app review. We've had to deal with more than one submission rejection unfortunately so that is why it has taken a long time. Thanks.

Maybe after the 4.0.2.0 emby server update?

Because I think that something that didn't happen before it does now: the player freezes the video image, but not the audio, when fast-forward or jump time with the magic remote pointer. At the same time, the subtitles totally lost they sync with the video and you have to start the video from the beginning.

Maybe a server bug and not a LG app problem?

Best wishes

Please confirm whether the file plays from a USB drive.  That will confirm whether it can be played on the TV

Please confirm whether the file plays from a USB drive.  That will confirm whether it can be played on the TV

I did the test and I found that this problem was specific to a pack of low resolution (480p) files.

The problem wasn't happen at plex (no transcoding).

I will pay more attention to that kind of files in the future.

Thanks for your help!

I did the test and I found that this problem was specific to a pack of low resolution (480p) files.

The problem wasn't happen at plex (no transcoding).

I will pay more attention to that kind of files in the future.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the response.  So you say that without transcoding in Plex, these files play fine.  Is that correct?  If so, would you mind trying them again now in Plex just to confirm for me that it is still the case.  Thanks

Actually, I had to play those 25 files at Plex because of that issue.

They play just fine at Emby too (without transcoding, I think), but you won't be able to fast forward without freezing. I don't know why.

Maybe I should have scanned the library again at the Emby server.

I'm saying that because, oddly, other packs with the same file types (.avi files encoded by the same group, I think) are playing just fine at the Emby.

Best wishes

Actually, I had to play those 25 files at Plex because of that issue.
They play just fine at Emby too (without transcoding, I think), but you won't be able to fast forward without freezing. I don't know why.

Maybe I should have scanned the library again at the Emby server.
I'm saying that because, oddly, other packs with the same file types (.avi files encoded by the same group, I think) are playing just fine at the Emby.
Best wishes

Thanks.  Happy for you to PM me a link to one of the files (on Dropbox, Googledrive, etc) that plays but freezes with fast forward.  I'm curious to have a look at it.