Status on official LG app

jhs

Nightsax

Ass subtitles are supported in the app but there is an issue with the current released version that will be resolved in the next update. Thanks.

Ok that makes sense then. Thanks Luke!

can't find the app on LG

LG 55LH575A-UE

MAC  14:C9:13:48:75:54

It is in the store for WebOS models, but not yet for older Netcast models. Hopefully soon.

• 1 month later...
Nightsax

Emby for LG 1.0.24 has been released. Stay tuned for the release announcement on our blog. 

Just tested and yes it fixes the .ass subtitle display problem, finally.

Great news ! Thanks a lot

KevinSartori

Thanks for all the effort on the new update!  The TV Season page is a big improvement and the larger repositioning of the ClearLogo looks really good!  Also, thanks for making the director visible (and clickable!).

I did run into one issue, though.  When there is a long MPAA Rating Description (in the <mpaa> tag), the text runs into the ClearLogo.  When this happens, it also vertically compresses the poster image.  Here's a screenshot:

5e4ff4bfdcad0_Emby.jpg

It's hard to see there, but the poster's 1.5:1 ratio is out of whack, making it look "tall and skinny."  You can see it if you compare the two movie logos.

Thanks again!

crusher11

It looks to me like posters are too tall and skinny regardless of what's around them. Even on the home screen. I have a curved TV so it's not super easy to measure but I came out with 155mm wide by 240mm tall, which is skinnier than the 1.5:1 ratio of the actual artwork.

It looks to me like posters are too tall and skinny regardless of what's around them. Even on the home screen. I have a curved TV so it's not super easy to measure but I came out with 155mm wide by 240mm tall, which is skinnier than the 1.5:1 ratio of the actual artwork.

Yes you're right, it's resolved for the next update to the app. Thanks.

crusher11

Did you see my last post?

Poster size seems to vary based on how much metadata there is or something. On one film I can see the full cast pictures, the poster is so small. On most I can barely see the top of the cast pictures.

Did you see my last post?

Poster size seems to vary based on how much metadata there is or something. On one film I can see the full cast pictures, the poster is so small. On most I can barely see the top of the cast pictures.

Please open a new topic with screenshots. Thanks.

crusher11

I can't post screenshots, because it's a TV, but I'll take photos and upload them when I'm next on my computer. I don't see a way to upload attachments to the forum from mobile.

crusher11

Looks like it might be a similar issue to the stretching. One item has a tagline and director, the other doesn't, and it looks like the poster is being stretched to fill the extra height instead of scaling properly? Maybe? Looks like the Barely Legal poster is skinnier than the Night of the Legends poster.

William LeDuc @gmail

Thanks for the effort on the LG app. I have been using collection a lot and the interface improvement for adding items to collections is wonderful.