Status on official LG app

jhs

Daicon
7 hours ago, coolspot said:

Is there still a dev actively trying to submit to LG? Been a while since any news of attempts on this.

I have not understood you, what do you mean? that lg is not accepting new versions of the emby app? or that there is no emby dev working in the lg app?

coolspot

I was just asking if the developer was still trying to get updates through the LG store.  I know LG is slow but the last update was in March.

12 minutes ago, Daicon said:

:)

this update have for play the new mkv with Dovi dual layer?

I think you've already posted in at least three other places about that. We'll respond in the topic you created about it.

Daicon
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

I think you've already posted in at least three other places about that. We'll respond in the topic you created about it.

Yes, you are right and I apologize. I have some illusion for this feature. I'm waiting, thanks

coolspot

I get it, LG is horrible about the time of their review process.   I was just clarifying if there's any email prompting that can be done as it seems silly it takes them 6-8 months to review app changes. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi

I think if you guys just release the emby app as a ipk file its much faster for whom wanted to use latest update 

by lg it take ages to release new version

the only thing you should to do is a tutorial for how to install emby by sdk

Edited by kyma
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kyma said:

Hola

Creo que si ustedes lanzan la aplicación emby como un archivo ipk, es mucho más rápido para quienes querían usar la última actualización. 

por lg se necesitan años para lanzar una nueva versión

lo único que debe hacer es un tutorial sobre cómo instalar emby por sdk

Great idea.

Is posible?

But as you can unpack an ipk and gain access to the source code, I don’t think that will occur.  

unisoft

Nearly a year soon since last LG update.

I really hope this is a good release for this nearly year wait, and also fixes the EPG layout bug that has dogged the past several releases and smaller things like bigger font for the TIME as too small on screen, and larger show logos like Apple and Roku Emby apps show correctly.....

I look at Plex they are miles ahead; but I'd rather stay Emby, but once per year release with little changes. When is the TV channel management going to happen where I can renumber my channels (without a PDH using other hacks) and extend a recording whilst its recoding if required.

Edited by unisoft
  • Like 1

stratumorien

Agreed, I have been waiting for an update to the LG TV app as well for some time.

Edited by stratumorien

• 1 month later...
NightFox1989

I understand there is a new update on review at LG (But LG is taking ages to review the update).

Is there anywhere I could see the changelog of the pending update? I'm wondering if the speed for pages of thousands of movie titles has been improved on that update, or what else has been changed.

Edit: I see that the slow library fix is pending in the next update, so that answers that quetion. 

Edited by NightFox1989

I just told the best solution for lg problem , apparently no one cares here as well ....

Edited by kyma

SamES
46 minutes ago, kyma said:

I just told the best solution for lg problem , apparently no one cares here as well ....

That won't be possible as the IPK is not encrypted/protected.

LG generally takes about 4-6 weeks to review (which is fine), however, they will fail submissions for the most minor of reasons - for example, imagine a minor defect that only occurs on one model year, that sort of thing. And other times they won't take the time to understand how things work and they'll fail the submission because they think something isn't working. On top of that they also have a policy that after a certain number of consecutive rejections, they will remove your app from the store altogether. So it's that threat that makes it a stressful and delicate process and it is the primary reason why there are sometimes gaps in updates. But I an assure, we are working on it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2